My Birthday Present!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
OK my new Birthday Present is almost healed up...
It says HOPE...
As in I hope I get more CANDY...

totoro

OK it really is a tribute to my Mom and K...
My Mom's name was Candy... hence the Candy. She committed suicide.
And the word HOPE signifies everything for me and is what I have for K. Green is the color for Mental Illness. :)

I have been waiting to get this for a couple of years!
I showed my Dad, he loves it!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Wow you are a braver woman than I! I like the colors, and it's a really cute design. Cool that you have something of such personal significance to carry with you. :)

totoro

husband kept trying to get me to say it hurt.
It really didn't, it took 9 HOURS!!! It actually felt kind of good. The other 2 I have were about 15 years ago so I have no memory.
I have to go back and get a few things touched up.
The girls love it as well.
I have the least tattoos in my family. I grew up in a very tattoo loving family. Even Grandma had a tatter on her shoulder!

Steely

Wow..........it is beautiful.
I never thought about getting a tattoo as tribute to someone.
I love it.
And hope, well, that is exactly what my tattoo would have to say as well.
Maybe someday I will do that for H. She had a beautiful tattoo of 2 doves circling around her upper arm.

M

ML

I love it! The significance is awesome. Thanks for sharing this with us. Hugs, ML

Jena

9 hours!!!! OMG!! I would of passed out hands down!! Brave woman doens't even begin to say it!! Here we all thought you were brave when you cut your hair short!! LOL this blows that away.

Very cool toto, and it makes you happy. I was thinking of a tattoo for my 40th, very cool. :) love the colors, 9 hours........lol i cna't get past that. you are way too funny. love the significance of it all. very sweet.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Nice Tat - I have one that was a present from Eldest on my 43rd birthday - The kids (cept for easy child) have them, SO has a few - his first one was a Valentine's present to me (am still trying to figure out why that was MY present after all these years).

I think the only time they really hurt is when they do them against bone underneath - mine didn't hurt. Eldest had one done on her shoulder blade with a sun and Nate's name - I guess hers hurt cause the other two kidlets are no where to be found LOL

Marcie

KTMom91

Beautiful colors, beautiful significance, Toto! Did you sit for 9 hours straight, or was it done in two or more sessions?

I have two tats, considering a third...the one on my ankle HURT but the one on my tummy didn't. Of course, I forgot all that in planning the next one.

totoro

Mary~
I sat for 4 hours for the black outline and shading let that heal for 10 days and then came back for the color which was 5 hours.
The upper shoulder started going numb towards the end on the bone... but it was like a mini vacation at this point!!!
Heck I will take anything...
My ankle hurt a bit worse in the back.

totoro

Jan
That is beautiful also! I love the color.
I was looking for something different for my Mom.
I didn't want it to say *Candy* her name, I just thought that sounded and looked a little, strumpety... and her last name was *Sanchez*. I thought that on my arm might look a little *Gang Bangerish* !!! LOL and I think my Little Brother has Sanchez on his arm.

My other is a Dragonfly and vines, For me the Dragonfly symbolizes the doorway into the dreamworld.
That was what I was told when I was much younger by a little old man... don't care if it is true, I liked it.

Steely

OK you are motivating me to do something for H now.
I have a necklace that I created that has her 3 rings she had as a child on a chain - I wear it 24/7, but as you know, that is about all I have of her.

But I do have her spirit. She was so amazing.

If I did get a tattoo it would be one just like she had.
I really never thought I was the tattoo type. Hmmmmmmmm.

First I have to re-open her case. I cannot rest until the truth is found. It is weighing heavily on me.
Then maybe the closure.

Toto I love your new quote at the bottom of your sig too.

Lothlorien

I'm not much of a tattoo person, but when it comes to something personal, like a tribute to a loved one, I can certainly see myself doing something like that.

It's a nice tribute to your mom.

Steely, I think that would be a nice tribute to your sis.

Woofens

Thanks Toto. My sister went with me to pick mine out. I knew I wanted the wings, and the name and date, but I let her choose the wing style we went with.

I have 11 tattoos now. I'm getting more, once the baby is born. Some of mine have meaning, like the wings and my Claddaugh. Others are just expressions of my personality. We are also a family of tattoos. I have 11, my sister has 6, my brother in law has over a dozen. My mom has 1, but she was allergic to the ink so she can't get anymore. I'm eventually going to have 3/4 sleeves. The guy that does all my work is drawing them up for me now so that we can get started in August. I also have a Japanese morning glory vine and flowers that will start on my foot and come up to my shoulder drawn up. That one will get started on in or after August also. I'll maybe post all the pics to photo bucket later and link to them.

Steely, I wasn't here when you lost H, but I have read some of your past threads about her. A tattoo, if that is what you decide on would be a wonderful tribute. And we want to see pics when you get it done :)

Here is a picture of Moonwolf's tattoo. I got it for her for her 21st b-day. The phoenix symbolizes her re-birth after the things she went through as a child and teenager.

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp244/woofens1972/phoenix.jpg

Hugs,
Jan

Woofens

Thanks Toto. She was such a trooper about it!!! 4 hours total, and it was done in one sitting. It was her first. She has her next one drawn up already. They are addictive, aren't they? LOL

Hugs
Jan