My brief broom-closet update

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I don't wanna hijakc Janet's thread, but...

I have to say, the broom closet, for some reason, has been making an honest effort. Still very twisted and strange, in my opinion, but noticable effort.

Christmas gifts were not grossly uneven this year. She complimented wee on his behavior and dress. She told him she heard he was doing good in school.

She has expressed dismay for easy child 2's clothing choice and not blamed me (tho charged me with fixing it...but hey, progress where you can find it).

She admitted her son is possibly to easy on easy child.

And Friday, she called and asked if we would use some chicken leg quarters because she was getting some for husband's sister, and wanted to be "fair". I decllined because I don't have space to store them, and husband's sister doesn't have money for groceries, so she needs it, and we really don't...which I told her, but thanked her for the offer.

So anyway...maybe, just maybe????

Mattsmom277

That's definitly progress!! Even if it slips back from time to time, I'm glad to hear that you have had a few recent occurances of thoughtfullness towards you and the kids. Sometimes people, when it doesn't come naturally, take time to learn to treat others as they should be treated. I would say don't expect things to be perfect, but sounds like its a huge step in the right direction. Seems like perhaps they are finally seeing the value of treating you and the children properly. I'm happy for you all and hope it lasts and gets better and better, second nature!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
How cool. Even if it only lasts for a while - though it seems like it's been more than a couple of months, now, I do know how long Christmas shopping takes... It's still progress. I love it when the Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) start thinking properly...