My cat Annie's impersonation of an Ice Cream Cone!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
OK I am watching NCAA and my brackets are falling apart... so I am sitting here with the computer on one side of the couch and my poor kitty on my lap...

She has to have the cone on until next Thursday. She is already antsy to say the least.

KTMom91

I have a very unhappy Jack Russell with the same stylin' hat! His is supposed to stay on for two weeks...and we're only on day 2.

crazymama30

Poor kitty. I can't believe she is sitting so still. When our animals have been in "the cone" they are crazy. They just cannot stand it. Poor baby. Give her pets for me.

totoro

Hers will be on for 10 days. :(
I think she has just given up.
I have started taking a wash cloth and wiping her face and back. She loves this, I think she thinks I am cleaning her like a Momma cat!

She looks so sad sitting by the back door looking out the glass.

susiestar

Roll With It
I HATE those collars. All of our very gentle animals became fearful and snappish on them.

We actually used a harness, duct tape and the plastic canvas used for needlepoint to make a cage for our labrador's hind leg when seh went nuts in the collar. She had gotten into barbed wire while running in a field with bro. He had to carry her over a mile home. She never ever bit anyone. Or even snapped. We could take STEAK out of her mouth she was that gentle. And in that collar she got mean.

So we used twist ties to fasten the canvas wehre it needed to be, then sewed it to the harness and used duct tape to reinforce the seams in the plastic canvas. It worked beautifully and she was no longer snappy. We did have to use bitter apple for a little while on the harness, but that was all.

I hope your furbabies are not anxious and mean in the collars. If they are, maybe with some creativity you can create some other way to protect their boo-boos.

totoro

if there was any way I could avoid it I would!
But she has 2 huge holes on her rear and one large one on her tummy that is hidden in the picture by her front paws.
They exploded and became larger, so they really need to stay clean.
As we know, cats love to clean themselves.
Our vet is really good, she even gave us this new long acting antibiotic that they only have to give her once by injection! So no shoving pills down her throat.

They are really trying hard to decrease her stress.
They kept her pretty medicated for the first 4 days.
She is doing OK now. She is a good cat.
but it did take 3 people to hold her down in order to get the staples and tubes out of her!

skeeter

I remember when our dalmatian had one of those. He kept getting stuck under the kitchen table (it had a "lip" on the underside) and knocking down my son who was 2 years old at the time. Unintentially - he just didn't understand that he was 6 inches wider than normal.

We finally took a wire muzzle - put duct tape on the outside of it - and used that instead. He had stitches near his rear stomach area, so all we needed to do was keep him from being able to bite them.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I have one of those out right now. Sweet Chelsea keeps chewing huge chunks of fur off of her back until they become hot spots. She's been to the vet 3 times and he has no idea why she's doing it.

She hates to wear it but she's so funny when she does. She'll walk right over to me and stand there with it pressed against me and .....just......wait. Then she'll back up and swing her head around....then stumble over to me again and repeat the above. Funny fuzzbutt.

Your kitty looks adorable, Totoro.

Suz

jbrain

Aw, she looks like a cute kitty. I have a calico cat named Callie and she reminds me of her. Sorry about your brackets--mine have taken a hit too. I picked Pitt to win it all--they sure have given me a couple of scares! And I am very displeased with West Virginia--I don't like them as a rule and now I really don't like them--I had them going to the Final Four and they blew it big time! My dream is for a Big East final four--doubt it will happen.
Jane

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh no!! Not the cone!! My poor Abbey wore one of those for a long time while she was picking herself. Then I realized she was going to give herself a heart attack wearing it so I had to improvise something else.

Your kitty is adorable, though.

Abbey