My christmas meltdown and the cat-channeling dog....

Mom2oddson

This year I got a small cheap Christmas Tree. Well, the tree trunk was so skinny that is was hard to get it tightly put into the stand. The tree got put up on Friday...just the tree, no lights or anything. And an hour later....over it went. I was busy with all sorts of baking, all I did was set it upright.

Then, Ms Daisy, my pitbull/lab mix, started channeling her inner cat. She wanted to lay under the tree but the branches were so low that she was laying on the branches. Surprisingly, the tree stayed upright....for a while.

I was up until mid-night baking/cooking/wrapping and back up before 6am doing the same. Ms Daisy was sleeping with easy child so I thought the tree was safe, but then it went over once, twice and then a third time and I totally lost it and had a major meltdown. Here I was working hard so that everyone can have a nice, special Christmas and no one cared about my Christmas or if I even had a tree that could stand up much less be decorated....and I had a good cry.

It worked out though, cuz after my cry, I woke up easy child and husband and told them about my meltdown. They decided that they would save my Christmas. My tree is in the stand and so well-balanced that it won't go over. The lowest branches were taken off the bottom so that Ms Daisy and her inner-cat can cuddle under the tree all she wants. The lights are on and so are the decorations and it looks great.

Then they helped me finish up the baking. They helped box up everything and off we went to deliver to family and friends. It was a great day after all.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Soooo, sometimes having a meltdown does get you somewhere, huh? I'm glad easy child and H stepped up to the plate and helped you out - you certainly were doing a lot!!!

Steely

:christmaslights:
YAY husband and easy child!!!

And that silly Daisy. I hope she is all warm and cozy now after all of your family's hard work. Hmmppfff. LOL

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I'm beginning to think that Moms need to have meltdowns more often...

Families always take the Mom for granted...and really - we ARE the facilitators who make sure that everyone else gets to do everything they look forward to...and they just forget how much darn WORK all this "fun" stuff can be.

So good for you! I'm glad you got help with your tree!

(Now, hopefully they'll help with more stuff, too!)