My computer is back and so am I!

maxeygirls

I had to send my laptop in for repairs... again but I'm back! I'm sleep deprived, exhausted and wondering when I can start getting difficult child to apply for college :tongue: but I'm back. We have been on ritalin for almost 3 weeks now, I don't want to start a longer term form until she gets her evaluation for preschool done and is enrolled, and her Occupational Therapist (OT) and speech therapy starts, that way we know just how much medications she really needs. husband is doing fantastic with her now, they do have their times where they butt heads but for the most part it's great.
The ritalin isn't making everything all better but I'd say I have a semi-normal kid for about 8 hours a day. She still wakes up sometimes in the middle of the night but not as much so that's great. She's a typical nearly 4 year old girl who happens to be super hyper, she has some outbursts and whining but nothing like before. People with easy child's might lose their minds with her but to us this is like heaven.
She's communicating so well and we're having actual conversations... SHE HAS FRIENDS!
But as always when one thing goes right, fifteen others go wrong. husband's military stuff is taking forever and I'm switching easy child to cloth diapers due to bleeding rashes from disposable diapers and I'm having to wash and dry the same 6 cloth diapers since we're flat broke until we get caught up with bills since husband started a new job 3 weeks ago. The job is enough for us to survive but it does mean that husband works 60 hours a week, ick.

JJJ

I'm glad the Ritalin is helping. For Piglet, it is a miracle drug too.

I hope easy child's rash is doing better. What a pain to have to wash every diaper, yuck.

nvts

Oh Maxey! That's fantastic news - Dad's mean so much to little girls - especially when they feel that no one "gets" them!

Sorry about the job situation - it's been a rough time around here too!

Beth

SRL

Sorry I missed this, maxeygirls. My computer crashed three weeks ago and we just got a replacement this weekend. I hope you have better luck than I do because the computer crash was sandwiched in between the hot water heater going belly up and the transmission on my van dying.

I'm glad to hear that there have been some positive steps on the homefront. Having husband in sync with how you handle difficult child will make a huge difference.

But as always when one thing goes right, fifteen others go wrong. husband's military stuff is taking forever and I'm switching easy child to cloth diapers due to bleeding rashes from disposable diapers and I'm having to wash and dry the same 6 cloth diapers since we're flat broke until we get caught up with bills since husband started a new job 3 weeks ago. The job is enough for us to survive but it does mean that husband works 60 hours a week, ick.

Two of mine were rashy like that and it turned out they couldn't handle the wipes. I switched to plain old washcloths and that took care of it.

Hang in there, and don't forget to do something nice for yourself, even if it's cheap and nice. :)