My dad is back in the hospital

JJJ

I thought we were done with 2010. My mom took my dad to ER last night. His blood pressure is all over the board - it was 160 over something when she took him and it dropped to 65 or something during the night (it is normally 100/60). I'm very worried.

(Backstory: My dad had two heart attacks 10 days apart last March. He had 1 episode of congestive heart failure in the summer. He follows every single rule the doctor gives him as far as medications, eating, exercise, etc.)

I want my daddy better :(

gcvmom

Here we go again!
So sorry you are dealing with this, JJJ. I hope they can stabilize him and figure out what the problem is quickly!

JJJ

Thanks all - I got to see my dad for an hour today. He looks really good but the doctor wants him to stay at least 1 more night in the hospital. They are still trying to figure out what happened so they can prevent it from happening again. The good news is that is was NOT another heart attack.

I think whatever it was had been building for at least a week, he looked a little 'off' at Christmas and really bad at New's Year Eve so it was great to see him tonight as he looked so much better.