My dad is dying....crying

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Many comforting hugs... I'm so sorry his time has come so soon, and during a time that is already hard for you. I hope you are able to spend some quiet, loving moments with him. Knowing you are there for him will surely be a comfort to you both.

Nancy

I am so sorry Janet. It is very difficult to lose a parent. You will hold dear all those good memories and even though he will not be here in body he will live within you forever.

My easy child's birthday is Nov. 24. My mom passed away Nov. 25 when easy child was eleven. Mom was very ill and we took the kids downtown to see santa on easy child's bd and stopped to see mom on the way home She passed away the very next day. easy child told me the other day when we were remembering this that she prayed for snow on Nov 25 so she didn't have to go to school the next day. It didn't snow but she didn't go to school. For years she thought it was her fault mom died that day.

I hope you are able to get to see your dad and tell him how much you love him.

Hugs,
Nancy

DDD

I'm so sorry that you are facing this painful moment during the holiday season. Only time will allow you to put a healthy perspective on your relationship with your Dad It sure sounds like your love has been a consistent pleasure to him over the years and that should bring you comfort. Hugs and prayers coming your way. DDD

Mattsmom277

Awww Janet, I was heading her to PM you and saw this thread first. I'm so sorry Janet, I have read many times where you spoke of your dad. I can just imagine how you are feeling today. Hang in there Janet, I'm glad to hear the family is all around so you aren't going through this alone. I will keep your daddy, you and your entire family in my thoughts and my prayers. I hope you can feel the circle of warmth and support around you from all of us here on the board who are here for you. (((Hugs)))

M

ML

I am very sad to hear this Janet. My prayers and love are with your family during this difficult time. ((((Janet))))

busywend

Janet, I am so sorry to hear of this news on your daddy. HUGS! It is difficult to imagine life without our loved ones.

DammitJanet

Thanks everyone.

I cant leave until at least Monday at the earliest because I have to get some of my important medications filled and they are at a family owned pharmacy...not a national chain. Jamie is checking today to make sure I do have that much time. I think that the fact that his brothers wont be down till Wednesday means I do. I think if Pat thought I needed to be there sooner she would have told me.

Im going out today to get a few frames to put Keyana's new pics in. Or should it be an album...Im thinking frames so we can put it on the wall so he can see them and not hold it. Maybe two frames that hold two pics each...that would be enough for now. He so loves her.

She worked hard last night on recording a book from Hallmark called My Grandpa and Me...but we used the words Great Grandpa instead. Very simple little book.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Janet... just hugs. I don't have any words that will ease the pain at all... But I can tell you this:

My Grandpa passed in March 2003, Grandma in December 2004. And every now and then, I know they're with me. They're THERE, even though conventional wisdom says not. I feel closer to them now than I did the last 16 (17) years of their lives, when I lived 1900 miles away.