My dad is in the hospital ~ good thoughts welcomed please

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you for all your thoughts, prayers, bead rattling & dancing. I'm home ~ was sent home before the storm this coming weekend.

The cause for Dad's internal bleeding hasn't been found, however it seems to be resolving itself (fingers crossed here). He was discharged on my journey home after all the tests results came up negative. The only thing not "radiated" was his upper intestinal tract ~ that's the test with the camera. GI MD didn't want to do it; Dad's GP wanted it done before discharge. Medical care at it's best sent Dad home before that test was completed.

I spoke with Dad last night asking how he felt. "I guess I can buy those green bananas this week" was his reply ~ what more can be said?

Jena

i'm sorry im soo late to this. i'm sorry all of you had to go thru that it's scary.

i guess he can buy those green bananas this week.......... LOL wow!! it's like kids how we worry about them isn't it?

((Hugs)))

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Perhaps in a few weeks they can do an upper GI series/small bowel follow through. There's likely some residual scarring/or thickening where the bleed ocurred and that test would show it. It's important to find out where it happened so they can narrow down the whys and prevent it from happening again.

((((Hugs))))

nvts

Sorry for coming in on the tail end of this Linda! I love the way your Dad put it...he sounds like such a great person!

Here's hoping for some quick answers on what caused everything to go on!

Beth

LittleDudesMom

Now we know where you get you wit! Glad to hear he is home - a tad disconcerting that they can't find anything but....it's not unusual.

Sharon