My Dad

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
So as most of you know who keep up with my soap opera of a life.
Which I suppose most of us seem to have these kinds of lives. :tongue:

I posted last night about my Dad being uber-Dad lately. He has been calling and e-mailing... very lovely.
I asked him when he called me last night why he sent me the digital camera, no brainer.
He wanted to see more pictures of the girls! I would have to get the film developed and the wait is too long for him. On my old camera.
Plus my mac is not letting me send out e-mails which he knows, but I can send them out from this camera on my other account.

So I asked him why he sent me the Working Old Fashioned Carousel? He had written that it reminded him of me, I laughed and said, "Did I do something on a Carousel when I was wasted one time?"
He started cracking up and said NO!

He said he and his wife were walking past a collectable store and they went in.
He stopped and told his wife that he never bought me anything like this as a kid. He never bought me anything as a kid really at all. He never bought me anything like this as a teen when we lived together.

He told her he felt bad, he never bought me anything that I could have and keep, just from him.
Something that I could show the girls and bring out each year, something special.
Something I could pass down...

I think he may actually be growing up???
I am impressed by him and touched.
I know it is not about the gift, I am touched by the thought.

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That is a VERY touching thought. And it's SO wonderful that he has come to this place in his life and that he is back in your life, all at the same time. I hope his growth continues to bring joy and happiness to your life. :)

klmno

I had a feeling this was going on with him when I read your previous thread...I'm very happy for you and you deserve this!! I'm happy for him, too, that he was fortunate enough that you gave him another chance and an opportunity to meet his grands and that he is able to appreciate it!!

meowbunny

What a truly lovely gesture! It sounds like he really regrets his past. I'm so glad you were willing to forgive him and let him back in your life. It sounds like your kids may have a pretty good grandfather after all.