My daughter has decided....

CCRidr2

Sheena-Warrior Momma
.....to become a vegetarian. She said she'll try it for a week. So last night I made ribs and steak for the rest of us, she sits down at the table and looks around and asks "Where's mine?".
:slap:
I say, "You said you were a vegetarian for a week" This is what I get "BUT YOU DON'T EXPECT ME TO PASS UP <u>STEAK AND RIBS</u> DO YOU?"
:rofl:

Kids...ya gotta love em!

Josie

Very funny. :rofl:

Be thankful she really likes steak and ribs. My daughter decided to be a vegetarian in kindergarten and it has stuck. It has made planning our meals a little more difficult.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
When difficult child decided to be a vegetarian she would eat only pasta, veggies and rice, EXCEPT she DID eat....McDonalds Hamburgers!!! bwaaahaaaaa

Nancy

My difficult child has decided she's a vegetarian too. She doesn't count steak or chicken as meat either LOL.

Nancy

susiestar

Roll With It
My difficult child became vegetarian about 2 years ago. He seemed to do it to upset my dad. Gpa cooked steak 4 times a week, and difficult child's other faves so frequently for a while. But he hasn't budged except for if we have bacon in baked beans. HE prefers the vegetarian ones, but will eat the others sometimes.

Good Luck!!

Susie

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt would like to become a vegetarian - her "cool" teenage cousins are & she loves to emulate them.

Fine - so I made a nice salad with lots of protein, a pasta side dish. husband & I had pork chops along with this. kt changed her mind quickly as I figured she would. Good thing I cooked an extra pork chop that night.

Good luck to easy child. Make sure if she truly goes this route to take daily doses of vitamin B12. It's only source is protein products & it's very important to neurlogic health.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
difficult child 1 became a vegitarian about 6-8 monthes ago. She has stuck it out pretty well. Told her it was her choice and not to inflict it on me and we would be fine.

Beth

AllStressedOut

Funny this topic is up right now. My 4 year old daughter just found out tonight that chicken, burgers and tacos all have meat in them. Oldest easy child decided to take it a step further and let her know she is made of meat too. She is completely grossed out by this idea.

I'm sure this will last until we make bacon and eggs. Bacon seems to get them every time!

I can not imagine planning meals around this. I'm all about the meat!

Copper decided to be a vegetarian when she was 16. She was a poser anti cruelty to animals person, in her leather gym shoes.

When she ran away with the leprechaun and was gone for a week (I seem to remember the sob story was they survived on bark and dew droplets for nourishment), she lost quite a few pounds. When we got her back, her first words were "I wanna Whopper!"

She's been all carnivore ever since.