My daughter performed an intervention

F

flutterbee

My xmas tree has been down for a couple weeks now. I couldn't make myself take down the xmas cards. It was so nice to see them hanging all over my cupboards. It made me smile every time I saw them. Plus, my cupboards are white so it would look really bare when they came down.

I tried to stop her. I told her I would take them down when I was ready. Apparently, she thought I should be ready now. :tongue:

So, since she took them down, she also got to remove the tape so I can save them. :D

tiredmommy

I always save my Christmas cards. I look through each and every one I've received at the beginning of each new Christmas season. It makes me feel connected to far flung friends and family.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
All my xmas decorations are still up. lol I never leave them up this long. But something keeps popping up everytime I plan to take them down. I'm determine to get it done this weekend.

I love hanging up xmas cards, and I always hated taking them down. They're so pretty and cheerful.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
My cards are still up. I tend to leave those up for a while.

However, my tree is still up, too.

You'd think we'd have a bunch of emergency meetings, the family was fighting, and someone got kicked out of school around here or something....

Fran

Former desparate mom
Heather, I don't keep the cards up but I don't have the heart to toss the photo's that get sent. Some of the kids are of people I haven't seen in years or never met the child. I keep all the photo's taped up in my kitchen all year long. I remove them next Dec. when the new crop comes in. It's funny because people always go and look at them.

Pretty cute about the intervention. I can't believe how long it took me to get all the decorations and tree down this year. Either I'm slower or more spacey.

K

Kjs

I don't get cards from anyone. i need to join the group next year.

I decorate for every holiday. Told everyone if I ever could not deocrate they would have to do it.

I lit the tree every morning (I get up very early when i don't work). i put the outside lights on just before dusk. yet neighbors tell me they know when i am sleeping or working because there are NO lights on. I work hard to decorate, and I do all the decorating.

husband on the other had wouldn't decorate a thing. Doesn't like anything different. not even the furniture. I put everything up- he takes it down the day after the holiday.

LOL - I want to join next year. Just to show him I DO have friends. He will not have a clue where it came from.

KJs, I hope you do join next year, but that you do it for YOU, not show show husband that you have friends!

I had my cards hanging in the shape of a tree on the inside of my front door. My brother looked at it and said "oh that's nice. You know I did the same with my Christmas cards, hung them in the shape of a tree. Of course it was Charlie Brown's tree..."

tiredmommy

I think some of the board members ought to send Kjs Christmas cards now... better later than never. I'll send you a card if you pm me your address. :biggrin:

trinityroyal

I think some of the board members ought to send Kjs Christmas cards now... better later than never. I'll send you a card if you pm me your address. :biggrin:

Tiredmommy, I think this is a great idea!
Kjs, if you're willing to PM me your address I will send you a card as well.
:D

Trinity

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
We've been taking our decorations in stages. All that is left is the wreath on the front door, the two wreaths upstairs that we can't get to without a ladder, and the roping around the porch posts...oh yeah, and my CD holiday cards. I can't bear to take those down year. I love passing them each morning and night.