My difficult child does everything around the house

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by TrishaBC, Aug 20, 2007.

1. TrishaBC

TrishaBC New Member

No seriously, that's what he told me.

Company was coming last night for supper, so before they came I sent husband and difficult child to the grocery store with a list. I made dessert, then washed the floors, cleaned the bathroom, vacuumed and did a general house tidy.
    Later when difficult child came home I was trying to whip potatoes, make gravy, cut a roast, not burn yorkshires, and I asked him if he could open a can of creamed corn for me, he snottily said "I have to do everything around here" :crazy2:

2. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Well, then you need to put your feet up and have a glass of whine - uh, I mean - wine, sweety!

:smile:

3. AllStressedOut

AllStressedOut New Member

That sounds like my oldest easy child. I can ask any of my other kids to do 20 things, then I ask easy child to do 1 thing and I get an eye roll and a grunt, usually followed by "Why do I always have to do everything?"

Mmmmm...Wine :smile:...sounds like a good idea to me!

4. AllStressedOut

AllStressedOut New Member

I realized after posting, my oldest easy child and your difficult child are the same age, 12. I wonder if it just comes with the territory?

I went to dinner with a friend and our two 12 year old sons. She asked hers to grab her a to go cup and he just stood there and she asked again, still just stood there. So I looked at him and said "Steven Blaine" (made up name to protect the innocent) but used his first and middle name and he immediately went to get her a cup. Boys at this age are just pains in the rear end I think.

5. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

I have heard this so many times from all three of my kids. I think that is pretty typical of kids to say at some point.

Good luck

Beth

6. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

You just have to laugh! It really is quite funny if you think about it.

7. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

Yup, wish I had a nickel for every time I've heard that. One time she got me so mad saying it, I actually made a list of everything I did before she even got out of bed. It did open her eyes for a week or so. :wink:

8. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

LOL! That sounds exactly like my difficult child! Arrgh!

9. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Sounds like both my difficult child and easy child!!

10. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

You can add my husband to that list...

11. WhymeMom?

WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

Hope you are just sitting back enjoying those bon bons.......while difficult child, of course, does it all.........