My difficult child's funny thank you notes

TerryJ2

OMG, this is like something out of a book. He has no idea how funny he is.

Dear A, thank you for the Creepy Crawlers kit. I have never heard of it before. Signed, difficult child (he always has to use his first and last name)

Dear J, thank you for the money. I spent it all.
Signed, difficult child

Last yr he wrote one to our b-i-l: Dear J, thank you for the HotWheels car. My dad wants me to give it to him, but I think he's nuts. :laugh:

Do you make your g'fg write thank you notes?

Andy

These are great! It is so important to add more than just, "Thank you" and your difficult child does great.

My difficult child wrote thank yous for his birthday gifts but he sealed them before I could read them.

I do enjoy reading my kids' thank yous.

jannie

trying to survive....
My kids have been "working" or "thinking about writing them" for about a week now...I'll let you know when they are done.

Kids write the cutest notes....

KTMom91

Absolutely. Miss KT has always written thank you notes, even before she was able to hold the pencil herself. When she was little, I wrote the note, then had her "sign" it.

I love his notes...short and sweet, but very clever, too.

M

ML

I do sometimes and I'm glad you brought this up, we will put it on our agenda for tomorrow.

Those are very precious, Terry :)

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Gotta love it! Those are great.

Our kids write thank you's, too, but I must admit, sometimes its a battle I don't fight with wee difficult child. I don't think easy child 1 ever sent out thank you's for his graduation gifts, and I'm still mortified over that. But the rest of the them did/do.

(Hey's, just cause he's easy child sure doesn't mean he's perfect. NO WAY!)

maril

:gingerbread:Thanks for sharing. Those notes are great!

I encouraged my kids to write thank you notes as youngins. It worked out pretty well. I truly think people appreciate the thought and effort, especially coming from a young person; anyway, I do.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I try to -- not so much for relatives if they are there when the gift is opened because we do a fine job with the verbal thankyou. But for bdays, and gifts received from friends, I try to have them write a short note so at least the parents know the gift was received and appreciated (since they're the ones who went to all the trouble usually).

I tell them to thank them for the specific gift, but to say something like "most of all, thank you for helping me celebrate my birthday." The message is mainly that the gift of their presence and friendship is more valuable than any "thing" received.

TerryJ2

"most of all, thank you for helping me celebrate my birthday." The message is mainly that the gift of their presence and friendship is more valuable than any "thing" received.

Ohh, I like that! So true.

I only have him write 2-3 a day. If he has to do a whole pile, he'll have a meltdown. I also like the notes because we have so many long distance relatives who want to make sure their pkgs are rec'd.

LittleDudesMom

It's great to hear that others have their children do thank you notes. I kinda thought it was a lost art! We've probably received a half dozen over the last 18 years I've been raising my kids.

There's a lot to learn in a simple thank you note!

Sharon

Nancy423

do I have to be the mom?
I admit to being hit or miss with- the thank you cards.:wince: I really need to get on the ball again.

I think what he wrote is great! If I gave someone money I"d love to hear that it was "used" in anyway LOL