My dogs are ..well...

klmno

My female is not spayed and is currently in heat. My male is neutered but apparently doesn't know it or doesn't care. They are both inside dogs and middle-aged so it's normally the female wanting to play and the male sleeping most of the time. I am single, middle-aged (*choke*) and don't have men in.

I just want to know how these two dogs have concluded that when they want to "fool around", they will go to the bedroom areas upstairs to do it? They sleep in my and difficult child's room, but have had NO exposure to other activities- if you know what I mean. Yet, when the female gets the male riled up and they want to go at it, they consistently go upstairs to the bedroom area until they need to take a break and come back downstairs to get water. LOL!!

susiestar

Roll With It
I didn't even know dogs cared about privacy. Of course I have rarely even been around a dog in heat. All of ours have been spayed as soon as possible. My mom wanted the mess even less than she wanted the puppies, LOL.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL - don't be surprised if your male dog is just exhausted! Bubbles is fixed but we caught him on a female dog from down the street!!!

klmno

Ha! I'm not so sure they care about the privacy but maybe they like the comfort of the bedroom area for some reason- although they have stayed off the beds- TG!!

We are lucky with my female- she doesn't really have much that makes a mess and I think she's going thru menopause with me. Her cycles have tapered to about a year or more apart, if my memory serves me right.

klmno

You snuck in on me, Step. I'm not sure if it's her scent decreasing or his age, but he'll sleep thru it all anymore, until she paws him until she gets him stirred up. Then they "play" until his little tongue is hanging from the side of his mouth, he gets a drink of water, then they both sleep for hours!

Oh- and my male has a "girlfriend" in our neighborhood, too! On the few rare occasions that he's gotten out of the fenced yard (he isn't kept outside but goes for potty and play breaks), he has ALWAYS been found around this cute little shihtzu (sp) who wears a little bow in her hair and shakes her booty when she walks! He LOVES her!! Unfortunately, her mom is not quite as impressed with my male getting around her "baby"!!