My eyeballs hurt

Roxona

I have been rolling my eyes to the very far reaches of my optic nerves the past couple of days. SS10 is on a mission to make me lose my ever loving mind.

It's constant...I want this...I don't like that...OW!!!...argue, argue, argue...SS6 did this to me!!!...tattle, tattle, tattle...OW!!!...picking on someone....out of bed...out of bed...I KICKED THE WALL AND SPLIT MY TOE NAIL IN HALF!!!! OH MY GOD, I'M GONNA DIE!!!!...I don't LIKE this cereal...SS6 did this to me...leaving messes all over the house...I DON'T WANT TO TAKE A SHOWER!!!...I ALWAYS HAVE TO DO THAT FIRST...argue, argue, argue....SCREAM!!!....smashes toe into wall...OW!!!!

I think I lost my mind last night when he threw up into his plate at the dinner table because he didn't want to eat what I had made...all I said to him was, "You may leave the table now and go to your room." Inside I was !@#$%^&*^$#@!@#$%^^&***&%$$$%^!!!!!!!!!

Dad put him to bed early. Thankfully, he did not come out of his room the entire night...

InsaneCdn

I think I lost my mind last night when he threw up into his plate at the dinner table because he didn't want to eat what I had made
I'm sorry for what you are going through. I was probably a bit like that as a kid... :D
However... it is really easy to get into a mindset where we think these kids "should" be able to do certain things or behave certain ways... and sometimes, they can't.
I have serious sensory issues, have since I was a baby. One of those is around food. There are very common ingredients that literally make me sick to my stomach just at the SMELL of them - taste would have me instantly sick. Maybe he can't actually help some of this stuff.

Roxona

If he were a picky eater I could see that, but SS10 eats most everything, and he's had/liked everything I served last night before. He's actually the most adventurous food-wise out of the whole bunch.

I've been serving more lower carb/higher protein dinners with lots of veggies lately because I'm trying to help me and his dad lose some weight. SS10's angry because he wants primarily carb-based foods and since he didn't get what he wanted, he decided he was going to push back. I'm not going to cook two dinners, and we don't eat this way every night.

He does this type of thing all the time. If he wants a new pair of shoes, he will destroy the ones he has by cutting them up with scissors. He's done that with his backpack and other things, as well. He has scribbled and damaged the walls in his room because he wants me to repaint re-paint and re-decorate his room. He is constantly trying to force us to do things with his behavior, and it is unacceptable.

pigless in VA

Repeat after me, "I will not allow the inmates to run the asylum."

I'd be making that child do chores to pay for the items he destroyed. I hope tonight's dinner is less eruptive.

Roxona

Repeat after me, "I will not allow the inmates to run the asylum."

I'd be making that child do chores to pay for the items he destroyed. I hope tonight's dinner is less eruptive.

*Crazy laughter* :)

Yes! Every time he breaks something, he either has to work it off or pay for it out of his allowance. He still owes me for a bowl. Luckily, we have Fiesta ware, so the pieces are easily replaced.

We're having lasagna and salad for dinner tonight. Not very diet friendly, but I don't have time to plan anything better and get to the store before the boys get home from school. I hope dinner is less eruptive, as well. *crossing fingers and eyes*

Wiped Out

Staff member
Oh my! Your son sounds a lot like mine when he was that age!! I'm glad I always had husband to tag team with!

pigless in VA

Roxona, I wish that you lived close so that we could meet up. You are an amazing mom with a killer sense of humor. I know you will survive SS10. Ferb was equally frustrating. I used to want to run away and live in a nursing home. Learning to laugh at the insanity saved me own sanity. :faint: Please get some gardening time in soon.

HMBgal

I miss going on vacations. My husband worked for United Airlines so we were always jumping on a plane and going somewhere. We love Hawaii so much that we used to catch the first flight out, put our stuff in a locker in Oahu, take the bus to the beach, stay for the day, then come home that night. Now that we have primary responsibility for the grandkids, we can't go anywhere other than day trips and our yearly week long trip to Lake Tahoe (which I enjoy immensely). I don't think this how my husband saw his retirement going, but there it is. He loves the kids and always puts them first. I thought we had done our time, but apparently not....