My family is just a little nutty...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Ever since we got back from Hawaii, our sleep schedule has been a bit off. It's a 3 hour time difference for us, so we're still in the mode of staying up later and sleeping in. And as much as I've been trying to get the kids back on a more normal schedule (like a 9:30 bedtime for the kids would be fine for me since it's summer), husband just keeps coming up with things that prevent anyone from turning in before 11pm. The days are very weird when you don't get up until 11am (or LATER in the case of difficult child's).

So it's nearly 10:45pm now and husband is upstairs in OUR room with the kids watching the Mummy or the Mummy II (I think he bought the series at Blockbuster yesterday) because the living room TV is broken again (we won't talk about his decision to cough up $300 to fix a 15yo set, which STILL doesn't work after he took it BACK to the repair shop when it didn't work the first time they supposedly fixed it! Ahem! We could have applied that to a BRAND NEW set that would work beautifully... Did somebody say I TOLD YOU SO?...but I digress).

He is being incredibly patient with the constant chatter by difficult child 2 who cannot for the life of him be quiet or sit still through a movie -- even if he IS properly medicated, which he's not at the moment. And difficult child 1 is not medicated at all at this time of night, so his mouth keeps running as well.

But then I just realized husband took some serious pain medications tonight because a temporary crown he had placed last week has been KILLING him since Friday (and of course he didn't bother to call the dentist until this morning, and he could not be reached) -- thank goodness we kept the pain scrips from his brain surgery!!!

But it's cracking me up to hear the difficult child/husband dialog that keeps interrupting the movie dialog...

difficult child 2: "Mumble, mumble, mumble..."
husband: "Would you please be quiet?"
difficult child 1: "OH MY GOSH!"
husband: "SHHH!"
difficult child 2: Fidget, wiggle, squirm...
husband: "Sit STILL please."
difficult child 1: "OH MY GOSH!"
difficult child 2: "Is this a MOVIE?"
husband: "What?!"
difficult child 2: "I just want to know, is this a movie we're watching?"
husband: "What are you talking about? Of COURSE it's a movie!"
difficult child 2: "Well I just wanted to know because I couldn't tell if..."
husband: "WOULD YOU JUST BE QUIET?!"
easy child: "What are you guys watching?"

And he wonders why I don't like watching movies with them!

F

flutterbee

Earplugs and closed captioning.....

:faint:

I don't enjoy watching movies with difficult child. She's always asking 'Why did they do that?' or 'What's going to happen?' Hello. You've seen just as much as I have. :rofl:

Andy

Is this a movie? Where is the popcorn? Can we stay up and watch it? How long wil it be? Will there be commercials? Can I lay on the bed? I missed that part, can you rewind it?
Mom, Do you want to join us? Dad, why did Mom say, "I think I will stay downstairs tonight, you enjoy the movie."?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wiped Out

Staff member
:rofl::rofl:
Sounds like movies at our house with difficult child.

by the way, Heather, I do use the close captioning for that reason!!