My father-in-law passed away

Wiped Out

Staff member
this morning. He truly was an amazing person. I have so many wonderful memories of times spent with him. We were able to be in Michigan this past weekend to see him. Friday night we were able to visit a bit and on Saturday night I was able to spend some time praying in his room. About 1/2 hour after we left to come back home we received a call saying he had passed away. He will be deeply missed by many. However, we know he is at peace and having a reunion with his 5 sons sons and one grandson. They are all probably watching the Tiger's baseball game today as he was an avid fan.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
It's good you were able to spend time with him during his final hours. Hold onto those happy memories. Sending hugs and prayers for your family.

TerryJ2

I am so sorry. I'm glad you were able to spend some peaceful time with-him before he passed away.
{hugs}

T

TeDo

I am so sorry Sharon. I am so very glad you got to spend some time with him. Hold on to the memories. I still hold mine of my dad (although not nearly as many). {{{{(((HUGS)))}}}} to you and your family.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Oh Sharon, I'm so sorry. My condolences to you and yours. It's wonderful that you were able to spend so much time with him and have such fond memories. Hugs~

DDD

That's the way it should be in a good world. He passed surrounded by loved ones. There was an opportunity to say goodbye. Nobody, evidently, doubts for a minute that his soul will be reunited with other who loved him and whom he loved. I do send my sympathies to you and others who lost him from your life. But it sure sounds like the way it should be when someone passes. Hugs. DDD

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thank you Ladies, your thoughts, prayers, and hugs are much appreciated. DDD-you are right that this is how it should be.

We will be leaving for Michigan to the funeral later in the week. I think that will be the hardest part of all of this for husband (and all of us).

K

Kjs

I am sorry to hear of your loss. But it is wonderful that you were able to be there with him.

That has helped me with my own father. The fact that all of us kids were able to come home,, all were able to be there.
You know he is at peace, and he hung on until he was able to get the peace and be with all of you.

Thinking of you and your family.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Oh, Sharon ~ I know how close you were to your father in law. Please give husband a big hug for me. My prayers are with you & yours.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I hope you are all holding up o.k. Will be thinking of you as you prepare for the final good-bye.

((((Hugs))))