My Father passed away on the 16th.

Jody

My Father passed away from issues related to Parkinson's on December 16th. Tomorrow is the wake and Friday is the funeral. I did not get to say goodbye. I have been estranged from my family, but close to my father, for over 25 years. I have to come face to face with my brother and sister and mother. I feel as if I am entering a lions den. Nervous and hope that i can just get thru this. Please keep me in your prayers

Calamity Jane

Oh Jody, I'm so sorry. Hold tight, you'll make it through this. Just keep saying to yourself, "Just a few more days, I can get through anything for just two days."

cubsgirl

Jody, I am so sorry. I hope things go well at the wake and funeral. I am estranged from my mom and sisters so I understand your nervousness. Many prayers for you.

Tiapet

Old Hand
I'm sorry for your loss Jody. I hope you do make it through this very rough time. Perhaps this will be the time when things will go differently then expected for JUST the moment in time. Reverse of the norm for a change.

witzend

Jody, my thoughts and prayers are with you and with all of your family that you can all make it through this difficult time without any additional and unnecessary hurt.

BusynMember

I am so sorry for you loss. I also understand your discomfort as I am estranged from my sister and brother and am only close to my father. You have my prayers.

Jody

I can't stop crying. Our last conversation was in March, and he told me none of it was my fault and he loved me very much, and when we got ready to hang up, he said Jody, take care of yourself and he kind of chuckled and said I'll see you again. My extended family have met my immediate family and said Jody, it's not you that was the difficult child, its them. I was a daddy's girl all the way. Though we didn't see each other, we were close.

S

Signorina

Holding you close in thoughts and prayer. Stay strong and I am so very sorry for your loss.

Huff

I am so sorry for your loss. Just remember that you are there for your father and you. This time is for you to say goodby . I lost both my parents seven months apart this year and had outside problems with gig and just told myself that no matter what he does this is for me my time to say goodbye. I kept that thought all through the difficult days and when it was over I could feel them looking down and being proud of how I handled it. Be strong and know he is looking down with all his love. My prayers are with you

Ralph

Nancy

Jody I am so very sorry for your loss. I am in a simialr situation with my family so I understand all of the emotions that you are now going through. You are not alone, we are here for you.