My finds!

tiredmommy

It's a big yard sale weekend here and my church is having it's rummage sale. I've found numerous clothing items with the tags attached for $1, a mead college-rules notebook for $.25, a new Christmas themed apron for $2, an Operation game for $1, two new purses with tags (one a Tommy Hilfiger) for $1 each, a like-new Tupperware 3 piece microwave steamer set, a small trampoline with resistance bands in like-new condition for $5 and a ventriloquist's puppet (new with tags) for $2.

It's been a productive day, lol!

donna723

Wow TM, you did GOOD!! I need to hit some of the yard sales too, but usually when I go, there's just junk ... like velvet bullfighter pictures or those singing fish plaques!

There was only one time that I really struck gold, and then it was just by pure chance. I stayed home from work one day and just happened to go to the bank. And the church across the street from the bank just happened to be having a rummage sale and they were just setting up. I wasn't even going to bother, but then I saw what looked like two little sets of black pointy things sticking up behind some glassware. It turned out to be a pair of antique painted metal bookends in the shape of Boston Terriers! They're gorgeous - I paid a whole $2 each for them! And for another $2 I got a very old china soup tureen with the ladle!

Best one I've ever seen was a Mennonite yard sale - they were selling dozens of identical ankle length long sleeved dark blue dresses - a whole rack of them!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Love it! Good for you. I can't pass up a good yard sale. :D

Haven't had time to get out and about yet this year much. Nichole went today. She said there were loads of them, but none really had anything.

I think of it as treasure hunting. lol

DammitJanet

I used to love going to yard sales. I dont go much anymore because walking is tough and I dont see many around here. Wish I did. Im trying to find one of those Fisher Price Doll Houses for Keyana. The big ones.