My friend died :(

nvts

I'm also sorry Janet! My dad just went through the exact same thing. His best friend's wife in Fla. called to tell him that he was sick with throat cancer. He was getting his plane tickets set up when she called the next day to tell him he had died.

He was heartbroken.

Some people don't want a lot of fuss made due to their illness. They want people to remember them as they were rather than identify them by their illness.

I still don't go up to "the box" at funerals if I can avoid it. When my Mom passed, I couldn't picture her alive and healthy for years. I just remembered her in the box.

I hope you feel better soon. She's moved on to where there is no more pain.

Beth

DammitJanet

Thanks everyone. I got the news that the funeral is friday so it looks like I can make it. Im glad. Another work friend has asked me if I can go to get one of the announcements and send it to her. I will. She cant get here because she lives in Detroit now. I am trying to get in touch with the other one of the three of us investigators. We used to walk the halls together and feel like Charlies Angels...lol. Or the 3 Muskateers! We just had that tie at one time. Oh gosh....I wonder if anyone has gotten in touch with Shara! The first of us! I am doing some heavy rememebering right now. I have asked Barbara's daughter to look threw her photo's when she gets a chance down the road for pictures of all of us at conferences. Barbara took a ton of them and she kept them. I would like to get copies. There were some great pics...some really funny ones too.

I talked to my old supervisor yesterday. Havent talked to him since the day I walked out of DSS on April 21st 2001. I called to make sure they knew about barbara. We talked a little bit. It was nice. Told him I would drop by the next time I was in. Maybe I will.