My furbaby was beat up!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Warning kind of gross-----

My little 5 pound Calico Annie-Belle got her Royal heiney kicked!
Last week she came in limping. We have had her in ever since. We have been watching her, she laid low and was kind of out of it. Vet said to just watch her.
She had a lump on her back.
No blood. She started feeling better about 2 days later.
Monday morning, I could see blood on the spot were the lump was...
She ran out one of the doors and was acting crazy.
After we got the girls to school, we finally got her in the house and wrapped her in a towel.
I was able to get a good look at it.

It had exploded, pus just flowing out, smelly... we figured it was a bite that didn't bleed and had absessed and finally burst.

She was crazy, crawling the walls. Spinning, hissing, growling... everytime the pus started leaking it would drive her crazy and she would start hissing more and growling.

She was trying to get us to help her, jumping on us, but then would attack us!!!
So we called our new vet.
We got her in within 1/2 hour.

She was crawling their walls. They said luckily she did not bite or scratch anyone or they would have to quarentine her.

They said we did the right thing by just watching her, because they would have had to just wait for it to all come out as well but it would have cost more for us.

So they found 2 bites on her back, and one on her tummy.
So now we have had her in our spare room since Monday, she has 3 drain tubes in her, We are dosing her with lots of pain medications. She has a cute collar on.

i feel so bad for her. We take her in THursday. To pull the staples. I have been cleaning the sites which is nice.
The girls are doing OK with going in and giving her love.

Cost a lot!!! But she is our baby... There goes my fur coat. JK

We have a huge feral cat that has been coming around, not fixed! :mad:
THis makes me so mad!!!
He is huge!
we also have 2 racoons. But they think it is the cat.
Luckily our cats are up to date on everything.

She should be fine. We are going to have to keep her sneaky butt in at night more. We try but she gets out sometimes.

Poor thing, she looks so pathetic.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Perhaps you can get one of those Hav-A-Heart humane traps for the feral kitty and take him in to at least get fixed? That might mellow him out and prevent future offspring from taking over the neighborhood...

Sorry he nailed your furbaby so viciously :( Hope she's on the mend soon.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Totoro -

I think there must be a calico/torbie attraction to racoons. Last Spring our Piper had her face torn off by what the vet is sure was a racoon. It's hard now for her to purrrrrr her sinuses were laid out on her face.

Sounds like you did everything JUST perfect for your fur coat. um....er...I mean kitteh.

Hugs & Love
Star
Like the new avatar - very springy - ish

slsh

member since 1999
Totoro - glad she's recovering. Elsie had the exact same thing happen last year. She's a little nuts to begin with- but turned into psychokitty with it. Vet said it's not uncommon for bites to fester and then blow up (ick ick ick). The collar made her even more nuts - I ended up having to spoon feed her because even after several days, she would only walk backwards and could never find her food. She's not the brightest bulb, LOL. on the other hand, I can't cure her of going outside. She literally waits at the top of the stairs and as soon as the door opens, she flies down them and out the door.

The most amazing thing to me was that as huge as the sore was (like almost her whole hindquarter), it has completely healed up. Something about cat's skin shrinks over a wound to heal as opposed to how we get scars.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so very sorry! That must have been scary to see her going crazy. I would have been so upset. This kind of think is a major reason that my kitties do not go outside. My parents' cats do, but their yard is kind of an oasis and for some reason the cats only leave the yard to go for a walk with my dad or mom.

Thank G-D the kitty is getting better. I still remember times when my dad's favorite cat was in the hospital for something and my mom would make homemade chicken broth and go in 3 or 4 times a day to give him some with an eyedropper.

Maybe your kitty would like some homemade chicken broth? It is pretty easy to make, and can help kitty get stronger.

Hugs to the girls, I am glad they are giving the furbaby lots of love.

totoro

She is a Calico through and through!!! Feisty and mean one minute. Cuddly and misses lovely buns the next!

slsh- she is a bolter also.We right now had to hold the broom at the door and sweep her back as she tries to charge us.
She is also doing this weird thing, not backing up with the cone, but shoving her face completely down and almost trying to flip over like a somersault!

I think cats do not realize that things like Raccoons or feral cats can eat them up or at least put a good whomping on them!
I just finished lying with her. She is so loving right now.

totoro

Thanks Susie!
I have actually been giving her her favorite special treat, Greenies. And some plain cooked chicken. She is devouring it!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Poor baby!!! :(

Glad she is on the mend, and getting plenty of lovin and spoilin.

Maybe you'll get lucky and she'll not show any more interest in outside. (one can always hope)

Hugs