My getaway

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I've been telling you all how we take off each week and below is a picture of where we were hiking last Saturday. Looking at that view and being right there is a healing experience.

mail

Last edited:

Scent of Cedar *

I love it! How long are the hikes, Recovering? It's a strange thing, to really get it that the planet is alive, too.

This is so perfect.

Thank you.

:O)

Cedar

nlj

It looks like the west coast of Wales or Ireland! Fab!

I'm heading your way at Easter. A week in New York. Not as relaxing, ha ha, but a getaway and a chance to switch off from family stress and treat ourselves. :)

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Thanks everyone! Yes, it is so beautiful.

Cedar, we usually hike around an hour to an hour and a half. Some hikes are more strenuous then others. Last week we saw Whales. Amazing.

There is a town more north called Mendocino, that's where we spent the weekend a couple of weeks ago. It hasn't changed in decades, it is a tiny little town on a bluff overlooking the Pacific and it is just gorgeous there. As COM mentioned, I can envision us meeting there and taking in those views, walking along the waters edge, eating in these yummy restaurants, wandering through the town (which is literally blocks) checking out the local artists creations which are displayed in the shops, and hanging out together.................they have these bed and breakfast places that have Victorian furniture, some built in the 1800's, with quaint gardens..........I just love it there, it is so relaxing and peaceful. It is not hot though, there is no humidity here in Northern California, so there are always breezes. The best time to be on the coast here is usually in the Fall before the rainy season begins. So, if anyone would like to meet in Mendocino (really for me anytime) I am so there! Here is a sunset............
Mendocino.jpg

Scent of Cedar *

Good thinking, Recovering! I have to do a little checking out Mendocino and talking to husband about it. Guaranteed he will be less than enthusiastic, but you never know.... (husband is so ambivalent about this site and the time I spend here.) On the other hand? When he is trying to score a point? He invariably tells me to go "Post this on your site!"

It's one of those married-too-long things, I think.

Remember that piece I posted to you Recovering? Where we were all on the beach in the hour before dawn? The ring of crystal, the brilliant red banners catching the wind?

One of the things I would like to do, if we do this, is watch the sunrise together. I would like to hike that very place Recovering posted for us.

Then?

Nap time for Cedar.