My Gifts From God turn 14 today and .....

T

TeDo

Yes, today is the big day. It's hard to believe they are now 14 since difficult child 1 acts more like 9 going on 10 and difficult child 2 acts more like 30 going on 10. difficult child 1 is making progress and maturing where difficult child 2 was very mature for his age but is reverting to old fashioned stomping, grumpy temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way. Will they BOTH ever grow up? Is there any hope?

It's going to be a very busy day with lunch birthday party with one sister and then afternoon party with the other sister (since they won't put their differences aside for 1 day) and then play rehearsal tonight. It's going to be a very LONG day. Calgon, take me away!!!

InsaneCdn

Will they ever grow up? Ya, in about... 10 years. That's about how long I have to wait, too.
Ironically, I find that the more mature difficult child is on one side of life, the LESS mature he is on other sides... so, this week I have a kid who is 2 going on 20. (sometimes it's 6 going on 16... )

Well, happy birthday to you difficult child's today!!

I'm glad you worked something out with your sisters. Small mercy, although more tiresome for you.

I wish I had answers with the growing up thing - right now I just don't see it in my difficult child. 2 year old temper tantrums of the deluxe kind mixed with sex, partying and alcohol.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Birthday to your twins! Hoping you are able to get that relaxing bath at the end the evening.

T

TeDo

It was actually a pretty enjoyable day even though it was VERY long. I survived, the kids had fun, and now it's time for that Calgon ..... Thanks a BUNCH TerryJ2. How did you know I wouldn't have time to go buy any today? LOL

T

TeDo

Yes, Terry, they did and they loved them all. Yea, electronics! Good thing mine KNOW the limits and respect them. After hearing about your story and those of some others, I guess that is one thing I can be grateful for.