My good news

Estherfromjerusalem

I thought I should let you all know -- since you are close family -- that we have had two new grandchildren in the past month. My son Eliyahu (that's Elijah in English) who got married three years ago just had a baby girl (his first child, a boy, is two years old). Her name is Na'ama (Hebrew for "pleasant"). And my son Tuvia (that's Toby in English) just had his fifth child last week, a boy. They have named him Lavi (Hebrew for "lion." like Leo or Leon). They now have first a boy, then three girls, and now a boy.

Now, take a deep breath, family. I now have 20 grandchildren. I am so proud of them all that I am bursting! One day I will learn how to post pictures here and then I will show you them all. They are just wonderful. The oldest one is 20 next month, and she wants to study medicine. I pray she will be accepted for medical school. She is a good student, so we are hoping.

There, that's my good news. I am only sorry my parents are not alive to enjoy it with us.

Love, Esther

mstang67chic

Going Green
Congratulations Grandma!!! I recently found out I'm going to be an aunt and once the shock wore off (she's 20 and the guy is a putz) I'm getting pretty excited!

If you have your pictures on your computer, I can help you get them on photobucket or something so you can post. Let me know and congrats again!!!

(I'm not sure if I'm spelling this right but I THINK it applies.....doesn't it?)

Mozel Tov!

Estherfromjerusalem

Yes, it does apply, and thank you very much. It is Mazal Tov, and it is Hebrew for congratulations.

So, thank you.

I can't cope with the pictures this evening, but some time in the future I would be grateful for your help. On 9th September we are celebrating the Bat Mitzva of one of my granddaughters (that's when a girl is 12, it is like her "confirmation"), and then the whole family will be together and we will have a lot of photos, and then I hope to try and post some.

And congratulations to you, too, on your new status as an aunt-to-be!

Love, Esther

meowbunny

What wonderful news. Mazel tov!

May your grandchildren bring you half the joy you bring us. (I always smile when I see a post by you. I may not be smiling after reading it, but I am always happy to see you here.)

donna723

Congratulations Esther! TWENTY grandchildren! Wow! (Right now I'd settle for just one!) I would love to see pictures of your wonderful family! When you're ready we can help you figure out how to post them here. It really isn't that hard ... even I did it! ;)

nvts

Congratulations Esther! Much happiness and many years to enjoy!

Pictures, pictures, pictures! ;)

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
(ש"ע) קריאת שבחים; הבעת מזל-טוב!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Congratulations dear Esther. 20 grandchildren is a wonderful thing. I look forward to the time when I will have a grandchild. Sounds like you have raised a wonderful family.
I became a great aunt this summer. If I enjoy being an aunt so much I can just imagine how great it is to be a grandmother.

Mazel tov and congratulations again.

trinityroyal

Congratulations Esther.
You have every reason to be proud. Twenty grandchildren.
How wonderful.

Trinity

Last edited:

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm curious. By the time she passed, my grandma had 18 grandkids and at least a couple of great grandkids.

How do you keep track of that many birthdays????

Wiped Out

Staff member
Esther,
Congratulations-such happy news:)

Mstang-By the time my grandma passed she had 39 grandchildren and 50 some great grand kids. We almost never got birthday cards-I think it was just too much but she did make at least one quilt for everyone of her grandkids-they were wedding gifts.

susiestar

Roll With It
Mazel Tov! 20 grandchildren is indeed a blessing. They must be your reward for all the lovely things you have done in your life.

Sept 9 is a WONDERFUL day for a Bat Mitzvah! (It is my birthday!) I look forward to seeing pictures.

many hugs, and prayers for the new babies that they have wonderful, happy, healthy lives.

Susie

Estherfromjerusalem

Thank you all so much for your good wishes -- yes, it truly is an enormous blessing (and that is an understatement)!

Of course, I do remember all their names and more or less their ages. I have one of those special calendars on my wall with all the birthdays, but quite honestly I am not so good about birthdays, unless I get invited to a birthday celebration (to which I make a point of going if I possibly can).

What I do for each and every grandchild is, when they are going to start first grade, I go alone with that child to buy their satchel (schoolbag in USA language?), their pencil case (or whatever you call it in American), and fill that up with all the stuff they need -- pencils, felt-tip pens, eraser, sharpener, ruler, scissors, glue -- you know, all that stuff. And then we go for an ice-cream. I have done that with 12 of them already, and it has become a tradition in the family and they really wait for that!

Star -- how on earth did you manage to do that Hebrew? Did you copy and paste from somewhere? Amazing!

Thank you all for your wishes. As I promised, after 9 September there will be pictures. Each girl receives gold earrings on her Bat Mitzva (12th birthday) from me, so you will see Bat El (that's her name, it means daughter of God) with her new ones on the picture!

Must go to work now. Bye!

Love, Esther