My granddaughter's wedding

Estherfromjerusalem

I thought I would share this with you, my board "family."

Tomorrow (Thursday), my oldest grandchild is getting married. She is 20. She is the oldest child of my oldest child. We are all very excited, of course, and I am having difficulty coming to terms with the fact that I am old enough to have a grandchild getting married.

My poor daughter has been having a very rough time. The new in-laws are ghastly, and she has almost had a nervous breakdown. The boy seems to be OK, and they are madly in love, of course. We are all just making an effort to get through it with as little tension as possible.

After the wedding, my daughter and her husband and five other children are coming back to stay with us until Sunday. That is because as religious Jews the Saturday is a whole celebration (at the in-laws), and on Sunday night I am making a dinner party for about 35 people in honor of the bride and groom. So I am in for a few very very busy days, and probably won't be on the board for a few days.

I'll let you all know how it went and maybe it's about time I learned how to post photos here, so that you can all see the bride and maybe her grandmother (!!).

I have bought a new outfit, I have new shoes, I have had my best wig "done," I have got make-up (I NEVER put on make-up, but I will this time). I think the grandmother of the bride ought to look as good as she can (!!!).

Love, Esther

lovemysons

Hi Esther!

Wow you really ARE going to be a very very busy lady over the next several days. I hope the wedding is a wonderful experience for all to share.

And YES it would be very cool to see pics of our Esther, the wedding, etc.
You sound like you've really got the outfit and all put together.

Remember you're as "young as you feel".

Love to you,
Your friend,
Tammy

trinityroyal

Oh Esther. How wonderful. Congratulations.
I hope that the wedding is lovely, and that you don`t have too much grief from the ghastly in-laws.

I`m sure that you will look beautiful. And yes, we`d love to see pictures.

Trinity

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, I do hope you learn to post photos! Would love to see it.

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful news! I'm excited for you!

(PS - sending strength for the in-laws!)

mstang67chic

Going Green
Congratulations Grandma!!! Sounds like it will be a busy time but memorable. And hopefully the memories will all be good ones! LOL

bby31288

Esther I can hear the excitement in your voice! Im sure it will be a beautiful day! Please post pictures. If you can't I'm sure one of your grand children can, they are all so tech savvy and can pretty much do anything!

N

Nomad

"Ghastly..." LOL! I'm sorry, but I had to smile at that one.
We experienced something similar at our son's wedding. No introductions for example...even to very close family members who travelled tremendous distances to get to the wedding. We (husband and I) were left in the dark and had to fend for ourselves.

Congrats to your granddaughter! Prayers and good thoughts for a lovely wedding and a beautiful life together!

DDD

Way To Go! ;) I am thrilled that you treated yourself to a new outfit
and I am positive you are going to look absolutely smashing! Hugs. DDD

PS: I wish I could be your sous chef as I'm pretty handy in the kitchen
too. Actually I really enjoy cooking for lots of family!

Estherfromjerusalem

Thanks, all. I showed my husband and difficult child my new outfit and they loved it. I'm still wearing the make-up and lipstick that was tried out in the shop before I bought it, and they all like that too. I never usually wear make-up of any sort. Those who have met me, will be able to confirm that (right, Tammy and Fran, and Susiestar and Steph and Coookie?)

It's getting nearer -- just tomorrow night. I'm beginning to get really excited now. I just don't understand where all the years went so quickly. My Debbie was such a wonderful baby and it really doesn't feel all that long ago, and now she is marrying off her oldest child! It's hard to grasp. I had no grandparents from before I was born, and here I am, a grandmother at her granddaughter's wedding. Wonderful! What a privilege.

Love, Esther

donna723

Have a wonderful time, Esther! You will look so good, no one will believe that you're the bride's grandmother!

Take lots of pictures, and when you're ready, we can show you how to post them here. It's not hard at all. In fact, it's so easy, even I can do it!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I can't wait to see the pictures, Esther. Congratulations to the couple. Have a wonderful time!

Suz

everywoman

Congrats Esther. It is such a blessing for your granddaughter to be able to have you there on her special day. I know you will be gorgeous. Make sure to take lots of pictures of you "dolled" up. And take some of the bride and groom too--lol

Fran

Former desparate mom
Esther, you will look so glamorous with all your new clothes. I can't wait to see photo's.
Your poor daughter- what happens to some people with weddings? They take all the joy out of the celebration.

You will be the foxiest granny at the wedding. Congratulations.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so thrilled that you are there to see her wedding!! You will be the most beautiful woman there, with the exception of the bride, of course!

Enjoy your makeup. You don't really need it, you are quite beautiful inside AND outside, but makeup IS fun to play with. Especially on special occasions like this one!!

Enjoy your busy days with your family all around you. here is to hoping that his parents are NOT as bad as they seem. And if they are, well, here is to hoping they have a different commitment. Either way, enjoy your time with your family.

Many hugs to you and your family!!!

rejectedmom

Esther I am late chiming in here but I hope a good time was had by all! I hope that I get to attend my granddaughter's wedding also (she is only 6 so it will be a while LOL). I agree that it is a wonderful event and a huge privilege. Blessings on all! RM

Estherfromjerusalem

I am waiting for one particular son to visit here, he will help me make an album on the computer that I can afterwards post the link to. I went out with my husband on the morning of the wedding and we bought a new camera which I used to take loads of pictures and I really want to show you all my children and grandchildren. So please, patience, I will do it, I haven't forgotten, I just need the help of the younger generation. It all went off far better than we had feared, although there were many annoying things, but the main thing is that the young couple are happy, and are now safely married! My granddaughter, Avital, looks so happy. And my daughter is calming down now. She looked amazing at the wedding and I was so proud of her, and of the whole lot of them. In Yiddish, getting pleasure from your children is called "naches," and I had a lot of "naches" from them all at the wedding.

So I promise the photos will appear some time soon.

Love, Esther