My husband on IMDB!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
husband has a coworker with a passion for film making. They just shot a second movie this last Saturday. At least that is when husband's parts were shot. He was just an extra, but thought it was totally cool.

They had to fill out a bunch of paperwork, partly because funding came from a grant. This film will count towards a SAG card AND I just went to the Internet Movie Database and typed in his name.

HE COMES UP ON IMDB.COM!!!

He has NO intention of going into film on any real basis, but he will fill in for this friend whenever. Acting/movies are not one of his goals or passions, but he has fun clowning around. (He did a film for the Fernald Superfund site about their Information Center, and one for the same guy who did this latest film. So I guess this is his 3rd "movie" or "short movie".

Jessie is going to flip when HER DADDY is on imdb (all her friends look people up there for some reason).

Thanks for letting me brag on husband. He so rarely does anything that is just for him.

Marguerite

My easy child 2/difficult child 2 comes up on IMDB, because she had a small role in a student film. She's done other bigger stuff, but it didn't earn her a listing. And even though difficult child 3 had a speaking role in "The Black Balloon" and all three of my younger kids are in the screen credits, his name is too far down the cast list to show up in IMDB.

HOwever - one of the other kids in Black Balloon who was in the same segment as my kids, DOeS come up in IMDB because his mother paid the membership fee which allows you to upload a cast picture, and to add your name to the cast list if you really were in the film. husband joined IMDB ages ago, I've been meaing to ask him to at the very least upload easy child 2/difficult child 2's head shot to her own IMDB page. And once we've got her head shot there, we can also add her other screen credits to IMDB.

Marg

svengandhi

That's so cool about your husband.

I use this site all the time. We are always trying to figure out who that person is who looks like so and so. My sister in law is on it because she was in some Halloween type movies that were not as big as Halloween 30 years or so ago and one of my son's friends is on it for some TV appearances.

It's a cool site, I follow it from link to link as I am a trivia fanatic.

Marg's Man

DON"T tell us his IMDB link here. It breaks your security.

We need to stay private on this site for too many reasons.

No reason why you can't PM people though...

Marg's Man

susiestar

Roll With It
I am quite sure he didn't pay anything. I think it is more to do with what paperwork you fill out. They gave him something about imdb and about SAG. Plus they are paying him a little.

I am glad y'all think this is as cool as we do!!

He doesn't have a photo or anything, and problem won't upload one.

I will happily pm his imdb link, but all it has is his name and the name of the film.

I just thought it was really cool, and fun to see his name there.

Marguerite

It IS cool, isn't it?

To have a listing, you don't necessarily have to pay for it yourself, it means that the person who uploaded the info on the film, has a membership. But if you wanted to, you could either get the person who uploaded the info to do it, or you could. If you do a search on your husband's name you will see a note that says "Do you want to upload resume details or photo?"

Being a member also allows you to upload reviews, comments, votes etc. Fans can do this, my husband if he wanted to could rate his favourite movies.

We love reading the trivia associated with so many films. We have IMDB hot-linked on our computer, we use it so much as a reference.

It really IS cool, especially when it's a member of your own family listed there. We got quite a shock when we discovered easy child 2/difficult child 2 in there, we hadn't realised that her short film had been listed. And she doesn't even appear in it until after the final credits! She could have had the lead role, but it required full-frontal nudity and she wasn't comfortable with that. That's a photo I would NOT want to see uploaded!

Marg