My inlaws...

tiredmommy

are good people, they really are! But I'm thoroughly annoyed tonight because they expect to be catered to all the time.

Duckie will be turning eight next Tuesday and we will be having a bowling party for her and 27 of her closest friends on Sunday afternoon. The family (including adults) are also invited.

They won't come because they say the party is for kids. They told husband they'd rather have us take everyone out to dinner on Saturday to celebrate Duckie's birthday.

husband (bless him!) said no and reiterated when Duckie's birthday party is scheduled.

Arghh! :devil:

M

ML

Just be glad husband stands up to them! High maintenance inlaws are no fun. Happy Birthday to Duckie from Auntie ML and Manster.

F

flutterbee

Yes, mother in law and father in law we will cancel EVERY ONE'S plans, smoosh Duckie's feelings and crush the excitement of 27 children JUST so we can accommodate you.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Some people just don't understand. I have a sister in law like that. She whines whenever our kids' birthday plans don't fit her schedule or her idea of a good time. Sheesh.

Good for your husband for sticking to the plan and recognizing that it's Duckie's day, not his parents'. I hope she has a blast -- and too bad the grandparents can't be there to watch the fun. Their loss!

tiredmommy

High maintenance is the right description.

I think the reason is that my mother in law thinks it will be too noisy and father in law will miss some of the football game. husband and I have decided to not tell Duckie that her grandparents are bailing out, hopefully she won't notice.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

susiestar

Roll With It
Happy birthday to Duckie!!

We get LOTS of pressure from my bro to schedule EVERYTHING around his custody schedule. It isn't my problem if my child's birthday falls on a day that his ex has his daughter. Same for holidays.

High maintenance isn't fun. Good Job to husband for standing up to them!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Jeez, can't they let their hair down for one stinking day? Ugh. I'm so glad H told them no. I felt victory in my heart!

Happy early Birthday to Duckie!:peaceful:

ps: One year my in-laws were with us on Christmas. We bought the girls a karaoke machine - they were around 9 and 11 years. Anyway, they were having a blast in the next room while we four were having coffee and my mother in law said, "Can they do that later?" WHAT?? It's their 'big' Christmas gift and they are having fun!!! H just stared at his mom and said, "Mom, they are kids. It is Christmas. They are having fun. Do you want som earplugs or something?" Then he went and just lowered the volume a bit. What poops.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG I was thinking EXACTLY what Heather said -

EEEEEEEeeeeschhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

So is THIS where Duckie gets that twinge of Narcissisity? (slaping myself)

TM,

High maintenance in-laws are no fun at all - been there done that... Just thinking back, makes my skin crawl...:itching:...

The good news is your husband stood up to them. Way To Go!!!:D

And, with all of the excitement and 27 friends, I don't think Duckie will miss them.

And, a very, very HAPPY early B-Day to Duckie:hapBday:!!! WFEN

K

Kjs

27 for a birthday party. Bless you. Duckie is very lucky to have you for a wonderful parent.

Glad you stuck to your plans. My two boys have bdays in December and January. god parents would always want to send one gift. Bd and xmas. I would tell them these are two very special days and will be treated so.

Happy birthday to Duckie early. Hope her grandparents show up.