My keyboard is NOT a cheese filter

trinityroyal

NOT one of my most stellar moments...

This morning, I had a glucose tolerance test. You know, the one where they make you fast overnight, get a blood test, and then you have to drink prescription-strength orange pop (with EXTRA SUGAR!!! :highvoltage:), and then wait 2 hours and get another blood test.

So...I came back home, dizzy from the 8 vials of blood they drew, and absolutely STARVING. Figured I would heat up the leftovers from last night's dinner and stuff my face.:morecrackers:

I forgot that husband had scheduled the fridge repair dude to come in today. He was kneeling there with his backside hanging out of the fridge, and his tools spread out all over the kitchen. I was not really in the mood to face that while I ate, so I grabbed the containers out of the fridge and made a break for my home office downstairs. I thought I would just eat while I worked.

Today I have learned a very important lesson:

Build-Your-Own Tacos are NOT the best food to try to eat at your desk.:slap:

I was putting together the first one. Carefully. Because my hands were shaking. Everything was fine. Meat, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream. Then the cheese. Finely grated cheese. A LARGE spoonful of finely grated cheese. Do you have any idea what finely grated cheese does to your ability to type?
It's not pretty.

(fortunately, husband is a computer guy and has lots of spare parts lying around. I was able to swap out the keyboard for another one)

Sigh...maybe I'll try Cream of Mushroom soup next.

Trinity

susiestar

Roll With It
Cream of mushroom soup can be served on a keyboard??

(sorry. Back to my corner.)

I am sorry you had to take the yucky test. I hate those. Glad you had an extra keyboard around!

KTMom91

But did the keyboard enjoy the snack? And now I'm thinking...I'm sitting here with a huge glass of iced tea (without a non-spill lid) pretty close to the keyboard. The keyboard is probably not thirsty either.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Gee............and I used to munch on sunflower seeds while on the computer. :rofl:

*Note* Shredded cheese doesn't do much for typing either.

trinityroyal

My dear, darling husband is a wonderful man.

After about 2 hours with Q-tips, optical screwdrivers, tweezers and one of those spray cans of air, my keyboard is FIXED! Yay!

(As for me, I have officially been branded "Worse than the kids. Put together.")

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yeah for husband!!! :D

Can I borrow him for a while? I have um.......errrrr..........a few dozen odds jobs that need done. lol My husband is currently pretending to be 90 years old. hmph!

trinityroyal

My husband is currently pretending to be 90 years old. hmph!

Lisa, your husband sounds like my difficult child, who seems to develop a limp and a mysterious back injury at the first hint of chores to be done.

(Imagine a 6 ft 3 strapping 18 year old saying to his 5 ft 2 mother, "Mom! You gotta help me. I. just. can't. lift. it." )

When husband is finished laying the kitchen and hallway floors, and reorganizing my home office, I'll send him on over.

Trinity

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I have a feeling husband started this routine at about age 18. ;)

Tell me husband's fav meal and I'll have it ready when he gets here. I know how to appreciate a good man. :D lol