my kids are killing me

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
Ugh it's been one of those months.

I am 36, overweight and unhealthy

"What about me it isn't fair" that song keeps playing in my head.

I look at tori spelling (35) who is 100 pounds just 3 days after giving birth to her second "perfect" child. She looks young and vibrant and happy and healthy.

I look like h - e - double drumsticks!

Sorry whining, I just seem to be stress eating more, but luckily the stress has kicked my IBS into high gear (sad I think this is a good thing)

LittleDudesMom

Hey, Tori probably has a cheif, dietition, personal trainer, makeup artist, and personal stylist.

The rest of us have to rely on our wits and lots of hard work! Hey, I'm 48 and overweight but tomorrow is another day and worth working for. I know 50 will be fabulous!!!!!!!!

Hang in there girl, we are here to help you along. We are all in this thing together.

Check out some of the recipes in the sticky post at the top of the forum page. There are some good recipes to help your healthy eating and perhaps get the IBS in check.

Remember, each day can often seem like a road block with many things in your path that cause a detour - but you can find ways to go around and may find some things you didn't expect along the way.

Go to bed tonight loving yourself and perhaps tomorrow will dawn with a smile and a conviction that you know you are worth working for. We know you are......

Sharon

trinityroyal

Hey, Tori probably has a cheif, dietition, personal trainer, makeup artist, and personal stylist.

Not to mention, a photographer with good lighting and a dab hand with the ol' air brush. I get the feeling that off-camera, Tori has swollen ankles, PMS bloating, acne and bad hair days, just like the rest of us.

Amazeofgrace, please don't beat yourself up. Getting healthy is a journey...the best way to start is simply to put one foot in front of the other.

An exercise that my therapist gave me has really been helping me over the last many months. He told me to come up with a series of short affirmations to say whenever negative thoughts creep in.

I take the sentence: "I love myself enough to..." and then fill in the end part with whatever it is I need to be doing.

For example:
I love myself enough to speak my mind.
I love myself enough to eat healthy food.
I love myself enough to say "no" to unreasonable demands.
I love myself enough to exercise today.

Etc.

I know...it sounds simple, almost silly. But you'd be surprised at how well it works to stave off the blues and help keep me feeling strong.

Sending big {{{{{HUGS}}}}} your way.

Trinity

KTMom91

I'm 45, overweight, unhealthy, tired, cranky...and I think I hear that same song playing! I'm also a stress eater, and Miss KT's antics always brought on a lot of eating. It's getting better now that she's at my mom's, but I still can't get my chubby butt to the gym regularly, and I don't want carrots...I want chocolate pudding pies! I keep telling myself...just for today, I'll get to the gym. Today, I'll pass on the pudding pie. Today, I'll have extra veggies. If I try to everything all at once, I'll feel overwhelmed, and I won't do anything but watch HGTV and eat those darn pudding pies! I made it to water aerobics last week, and plan to go on Monday with my daughter-in-law so I'm accountable to someone else if I don't show up.

Good luck to you...I know, it's so hard...sending many hugs but no pudding pies!

KateM

I hear you ,sister! I feel I've aged and definitely have added some pounds in dealing with my difficult child. I am looking into ways to beat stress that don't involve peanut butter ( my favorite " drug"!!)

I just joined this forum last week because I'm making a commitment to myself to make healthier choices. I lost 22pounds last summer through WW and it felt great! But then school started -- difficult child's last school year -- and it has been stressful. I turned again to food and gained 10 pounds back! Enough! I'm taking control of my bad habits and developing new healthy ones.

We're all here to support you! You are worth it!