My kitty is very sick - Update

F

flutterbee

Thank you all.

There is an empty spot in my heart.

Cassie loved us all. She would go for walks with me. She would stop to investigate things on the way and if I got too far ahead, she would meow and I'd wait for her to catch up. At night, I would tell her that we're going to bed and she'd run up to my room and curl up on my pillow. I often woke up completely scooched off the pillow as Cassie had taken it over. :smile: When difficult child was 2, she would carry Cassie around under her front legs. Cassie would just dangle from difficult child's arms not complaining a bit. When difficult child put her down, Cassie would just saunter off - not run away in terror.

She wasn't a lap kitty, preferring instead to curl up beside you. She would sometimes curl up against me with her head on my shoulder.

She spent pretty much the first 6 months with us under my bed. She was very shy, but eventually overcame that. Several years ago when we had x-rays for a suspected injury, the vet found buck shot in her leg. She had been shot at some point in her life before she came to live with us. She had a hard life before she found us, yet she came to trust us completely. I called her my angel girl.

I miss her so much.

amstrong

So sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved fuzzbutt. They are such wonderful members of any family. It does sound like she had a great life with you all. Take comfort in knowing that you all gave her a good life and that she will always be in your hearts.

Hugs,

Heather,

I'm so sorry!!! It is so hard to lose a "furry" family member, especially one as special as Cassie. I can tell from what you've said how much you loved her and how much she loved you...

Without you, Cassie might have struggled her entire life never knowing what love is... You gave her a warm and loving home. I hope someday this thought will comfort you a bit... For now, take it easy, give yourself time to grieve... Those of us who truly love animals know how hard it is when they are no longer with us...

Sending lots of cyber hugs...WFEN

F

flutterbee

I feel so lost without her. Normally when I'd sit here at the computer, Cassie would rub her head on my leg to get my attention. Baby Kitty (aka Holly, but got her as a kitten and the name stuck even though she's 8 years old now) has been acting out of sorts for the last 2 days...wandering around the house and yowling.

I stopped by the vet's office tonight to take care of the bill and to make arrangements to have Cassie's body cremated. I talked to the vet and we can't figure out what caused the liver problem. As she's gotten older, she's gone outside less and less. Lately, she's been asking to go into the garage when it's warm. I don't have any chemicals in my garage that she could have gotten into. She did go outside Friday, but my neighbors generally keep their garage doors down. I guess we'll never know.

I'm just glad she made it home Friday and that I got to visit her Saturday night. The vet said when he put her back in the cage after our visit, he put her into the second litter box he put in (since she turned the other one into a bed, he put in a second lined with a towel for her). She curled up and he covered her with a blanket. That's how he found her the next morning. She didn't suffer. I'm thankful for that.

:crying:

Heather,

I'm glad Cassie died peacefully in her sleep... :angel: As you said, she didn't suffer. It was her time to go... I truly believe there is a special place in heaven for animals... I know Cassie is there...

I know it has helped me to make a collage and frame it. I use a few pictures to represent each stage in my "fur" baby's life... At first, it is hard for me to look at it without being teary eyed... After a while, the collage reminds me of the happy times I spent with my "fur" baby... It always holds special memories for me... I thought I would tell you this because maybe making a collage of Cassie's pictures would help you too...

Sending more cyber hugs...WFEN