My mom asked my brother if he knew how old difficult child 1 is...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
And he had NO IDEA.

And she told me he sounded shocked to hear that he's 14 years old.

I wonder if he's going to rethink the "No Kids" policy for his wedding next Spring.

I tell ya, the men on my family tree are just a few bricks shy... :mad:

trinityroyal

I don't remember who said this, but in the circumstances the quote seems apt:

Ah, children. A woman knows all about her children. She knows about dentist appointments and romances, best friends, favourite foods, secretfears and hopes and dreams. A man is vaguely aware of some short people living in the house.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yeah, and I suppose since my brother sees my kids for, oh... say an hour a year tops (that includes the 30 minutes he blows in for Thanksgiving and Christmas each), I really shouldn't be surprised by his lack of awareness. All I can say is it's going to be very entertaining to watch the evolution of this impending marriage as it unfolds over time (or implodes in no time) ;)

Marguerite

I'm the baby of my family and fed up with it. I remember being at a family barbecue years ago and sat down at a table just as my brother in law had been telling a rather risque joke. He shut up as soon as I sat down so I had to say to him,' "Don't mind me - I'm a married woman, I'll be 40 next birthday."
He looked surprised, then went on with the joke (which, frankly, wasn't worth it). But seriously - he had shut up telling the joke because somewhere in his head, I was too young to hear it! At 40!

Idiots!

Marg