My mom asked my brother if he knew how old difficult child 1 is...

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by gcvmom, Nov 5, 2008.

1. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

And he had NO IDEA.

And she told me he sounded shocked to hear that he's 14 years old.

I wonder if he's going to rethink the "No Kids" policy for his wedding next Spring.

I tell ya, the men on my family tree are just a few bricks shy... :mad:

2. mom_to_3

mom_to_3 Active Member

Many men are a few bricks shy! Sorry

3. Kjs

Kjs Guest

Sounds like my family. I think the whole family is a few bricks shy...

4. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

I don't remember who said this, but in the circumstances the quote seems apt:

Ah, children. A woman knows all about her children. She knows about dentist appointments and romances, best friends, favourite foods, secretfears and hopes and dreams. A man is vaguely aware of some short people living in the house.

5. 'Chelle

'Chelle Active Member

Yep trinity, that quote just about sum it up at our house - close enough anyway

6. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Yeah, and I suppose since my brother sees my kids for, oh... say an hour a year tops (that includes the 30 minutes he blows in for Thanksgiving and Christmas each), I really shouldn't be surprised by his lack of awareness. All I can say is it's going to be very entertaining to watch the evolution of this impending marriage as it unfolds over time (or implodes in no time) ;)

7. Marguerite

Marguerite Active Member

I'm the baby of my family and fed up with it. I remember being at a family barbecue years ago and sat down at a table just as my brother in law had been telling a rather risque joke. He shut up as soon as I sat down so I had to say to him,' "Don't mind me - I'm a married woman, I'll be 40 next birthday."
    He looked surprised, then went on with the joke (which, frankly, wasn't worth it). But seriously - he had shut up telling the joke because somewhere in his head, I was too young to hear it! At 40!

Idiots!

Marg