My MOM has cancer

ME & THE BOYS

Hi there,

Just needing a place to journal. Was advised that my Mom has cancer quite badly in her right lung and windpipes. She won't be told until Monday by the Docs who will have all test results and recommendations.

I will be there for this meeting.

Any advice? More pain/sadness to my life.

mum2JK&TH

I am so sorry to hear (((HUGS))) I don't have any advice just wanted to let you know that you and your mum are in my thoughts.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sending lots of warm hugs and support. I'm so sorry for you that you have this added grief in your life. I will keep you in my prayers.

My only advice would be to bring a pad and good pens so you can take notes on everything the DR has to say. And just be there for mom. ♥

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sending lots of warm hugs and support. I'm so sorry for you that you have this added grief in your life. I will keep you in my prayers.

My only advice would be to bring a pad and good pens so you can take notes on everything the DR has to say. And just be there for mom. &#9829; </div></div>

My thoughts exactly.

skeeter

let your mom decide (after getting all the facts) on the route for treatment, and let her know that you support her decision 100% - even if you DON'T!

My dad decided to forgo chemo. Long story short, he was told it probably wouldn't help matters, and he'd just be sick. While I knew he was basically signing his death sentence by refusing, I had to believe HE was making the best choice for himself.

Then just be an ear and a person to love for your mom.

busywend

I am so sorry to hear about your mom.

I suggest just following her lead. She makes all the calls now. What she wants must be respected.

It will be hard, she may or may not need you to be strong. Just try to figure it out from her reactions.

Steely

So so sorry..............I feel your pain. :frown:

Six months ago my Dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 Brain Cancer. A Glioma Blastoma Multiforme............one of the most deadly cancer there types there is, and only a 6 month survival time was given.

Now, I am not very religious, and my father is agnostic..........but this is nothing short of a miracle. He had the tumor removed, he had chemo, and radiation.............and it has been 6 months..........and the tumor is not back. Everyone is calling his case amazing, unprecedented! No one could/can/ or would expect this. Certainly not me. I was preparing to bury him around Christmas.

So my message is.......... cancer is a variable. Even when the doctors tell you the bad news - never, ever lose hope. You just DON'T know, you can't know. The body is not a science, although many doctors like to believe it is.

I am sure my Dad will die from this cancer..............someday. But he has been given years to live the end of his life now, instead of months. Nobody can know what a blessing that is, until they were given only months to say goodbye. My Dad and I have experienced so much healing in our relationship in these last few months, so, so much healing. Forty years worth..........something I would have never had if he had died suddenly.

Life works in strange ways. Fight the good fight. It will all be OK.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm really sorry. My only suggestion would be to get a video camera, pictures etc. and take as much as she'll let.

Hugs
Star

DDD

My only advice is to turn to us whenever you feel the need to share, vent, whine, cry etc. We will be here for you. DDD

wakeupcall

M&TB, I'm so sorry you and your mom will be going through this. It's not an easy road for either of you. No one told me to expect my mom to change a lot, but she did (not only physically). Be prepared, just in case. Keep the faith for her....and yourself. We are all here to support you through this and anything else that may come up.

Never give up! You never know what will happen even with bad news. My mom had liver cancer. All I can say is I was there for her. Whatever had to happen I stood by her - so you do the same. Be her rock.

TerryJ2

I am so sorry. That is scary. Just be there for her, listen, and as everyone said, take note. And bring tissues and a soft shoulder. Let her lead the way. Don't make it any more emotional than it has to be.
Good luck.

OpenWindow

I am sorry to hear about your mom. My mom had lung cancer and I agree with what others have said. Just being there for her is the most important thing.

Sending prays your way.

Linda