My mom is at peace now

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by KFld, Aug 19, 2007.

1. KFld

KFld New Member

I just wanted to let you all know that my mom passed away at 7:00 last night after her long battle with cancer. My dad and my brother were with her.

I had many friends around me last night which made it a little easier for me that I wasn't there with her. I also think I am going to officially change my sons status to easy child/former difficult child. I called him at work to tell him his grandma died and at 10:00 last night the doorbell rang and he was standing on my front porch with his girlfriend. He said he just had to come see me. I don't even know if he realizes how much it meant to me that he was there for me for a change.

Thanks for all your prayers and support for my mom these past few weeks.

I will talk to you all very soon.

2. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

Many gentle hugs.
    I'm glad your son stepped up to be a young man of character.
    I'm sorry for your loss, Karen.

3. Marcie Mac

Marcie Mac Just Plain Ole Tired

So sorry for your loss of your mother Karen -

Marcie

4. Kjs

Kjs Guest

So sorry for your loss. It is heart warming to hear how your son stepped up to support you.

5. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Karen, I am so sorry about the loss of your mom. I'm glad that she had your father and brother with her at the end and that you were just down there to see her.

Bravo to your difficult child (soon to be renamed) for stepping up and doing the right thing. That was very easy child.

~Kathy

6. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm glad she is at peace now Karen but I'm so sorry for your loss and sadness. Your son sounds like he is understanding what family means. I'm sure that gave your heart a hug.

Nancy

7. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Im sorry for your loss but glad she is out of pain and at peace now. How nice that easy child/former difficult child is getting what family means now.

I will be keeping your family in my thoughts.

8. WhymeMom?

WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

Thinking of you, sorry for your loss.....Great that your son could be there for you.....

9. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss, Karen. Your family is in my prayers. I'm glad that your brother was able to be with her in the end, and that your now easy child has stepped up. It's very bittersweet.

10. guest3

guest3 Guest

I am so sorry <HUGS> prayers for you and your family

11. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

I am glad you got to spend time with her. There is a new angel watching you today.

12. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

May she be forever peaceful.

13. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Well, easy child/former difficult child brought tears to my eyes as I envisioned
    your pleasure seeing him at your doorway. He's come a long way!
    I am relieved that you no longer have to worry about your Mom being in pain and very happy your brother was able to be there
    with your Dad. Sending supportive hugs and prayers. DDD

14. gottaloveem

gottaloveem Active Member

Sorry to hear about your Mom. It's a good thing your brother got there in time. I will be thinking of your family.

15. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Ahhh...such sorrow. But at least it sounds as she is at peace. Hugs to you and your family. I've never been through that, so I don't have much advice to give.

Abbey

16. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Sorry to hear of your mom's passing. She is at peace now. HUGS!

Your difficult child is a fine young man. Bravo to him for thinking of you.

17. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

The loss of one's Mother is beyond words... I am thinking of you and sending gentle hugs and support.

18. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sure now easy child made your heart sing.

Gentle hugs...

19. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Sending gentle {{{hugs}}} and prayers for strength to you.

20. Coookie

Coookie Active Member

Karen,

Sending gentle hugs and saying prayers for you and your family. :frown: