my mom is not doing well

K

Kjs

On top of trying to make it through each day dealing with school almost daily...I get to work tonight and have an email from my sister who lives in the town my mom is in. She stated that she is very weak and was taken to the hospital because the nursing home could not wake her. She was not in town at this time (I don't even know when it was) so my brother went with. My mothers doctor said there is no need to have her go to the hospital any longer. She is probably on her way out.

That is quite a blow when I get to work. She could of called me. My mom is no longer the mother I knew, hasn't been for quite a while. Even though she cannot walk or talk (due to several strokes) she has always had a smile for me. I am the baby of 6 kids. A later in life baby. The thought of losing her terrifies me. Then I will truly be all alone.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I lost my mother earlier this year; it's a blow to anyone. I'm so sorry. :crying:

Will be keeping your entire family in my thoughts during this difficult time.

tinamarie1

kjs, I am sorry to hear you are going through this. I can't imagine the day when my mother passes. Even though we are not super close, I love her dearly.
My grandmother was the same way you describe your mother, it was like she was permenantly asleep. Then they told us by the way she was breathing, she would pass soon, and she did. That is the first and only time I have lost someone in my family that I was in any way close to. It was really hard. But for my mom who went to the nursing home every single day for almost 2 years, it took a tremendous burden off of her. I know she didn't see it that way, but us kids did, it had taken a toll on her.
((hugs))
tina

susiestar

Roll With It
Sweetie, I am praying for you and sending strength to you to help you get through this. I can only imagine how horrible and devastated you must feel.

When you are feeling really down, in need of a friend and support, please do the following.

1. Put your right hand on your left shoulder.
2. Put your left hand on your right shoulder.
3. Give yourself a gentle (or hard) hug, imagining all of us on the board surrounding you with love and support.

Many prayers that your mom is in no pain and has a peaceful passing.

Remember we are here for you, I think someone is almost always on.

Susie

Star*

call 911........call 911
K,

I am so sorry. I do understand the thought of once you loose her you'll be all alone. If I had an answer to that for myself I'd pass it on to you. I'm the oldest in our clan.

I guess just know you have a lot of support and friends here who will never leave you alone.

Many prayers for your hearting heart.
Hugs
Star

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{kjs))) I'm so sorry about your mom (and the way you learned of it). I am also a later in life baby and my mom is 85. Seems I am the only one she wants to stay with anymore - all my sister's yell at her. She's going home to her place in PA on Sunday and while part of me is relieve, part of me is really sad to see her go. She's had heart surgey and some little strokes and I really don't think she should be alone anymore.

I'll be thinking of you - ♥