My Most Relaxed Friday Afternoon In Months

Bunny

difficult child came home in a really good mood, which is always nice. He wanted to have his friend come over so they could play hockey in the driveway, but the kid had to go home and ask him mom first if he could come over and he never came back, so I guess his mom said no. difficult child dragged out the hockey equipment anyway and took shots on the net for about 45 minutes. It was a beautiful day here and the fresh air was good for him.

What made the day so relaxing was that it was easy child's turn to have his sleepover at Gram's house. He was supposed to go over spring break, but he got sick and then was in sports camp for the rest of the week, and he never had a free day. He's sleeping there tonight and then tomorrow his grandparents are taking him to the aviation museum, which was part of his birthday present.

i didn't have to listen to "He won't play with me! Tell him he HAS to play with me!!" And then the cursing and screaming begins, followed by the fighting. Normally, I hate Friday afternoons. This one was a pleasure!!

StressedM0mma

That is great Bunny. And, what is even better is that difficult child managed to entertain himself!!! That is terrific. It shows that he CAN do things on his own. I hope you enjoyed your quiet time.

InsaneCdn

Two interesting observations about difficult child kids with developmental challenges...
1) when they catch on to something at a higher level of maturity... it tends to come in jumps, rather than gradually.
2) it takes time to consolidate forward movement, so expect some backward steps in the process.

Sounds like he's growing, though, and that's always a good thing.