my mother is about done

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hey Mutt..........

What is your Mom saying about all of this? I mean you too have been like peas in a pod for years - I'm sure shes going to have some input as to her final resting habit.....and I'm also sure beyond a shadow of a doub whatever you are able to do is going to be just fine with her. Short of Norths - pile of wood and 5 gallons of kerosene idea from her hubby.....and mine saying we should have kept the backhoe for just such an occasion......men - so flat.
I want to go to the body farm. Nobody here is having anything to do with that. I don't want to go in a box, I don't want to go in the fire.....I love the woods and if they'd just set me down by a tree and let me rot I'd be delighted. Really - no joke. I'd thought about being a skeleton in a third grade class but I hated school so bad - hell why hang around some more with a bunch of mealy mouthed kids I never liked anyway - so I nixed that idea......but a cadaver? Maybe - yeah......maybe.
There are expenses that go with that.....but I'm sure if everyone gets their way I'll be ashes. And I guess that's okay -

Whenever your Mom does decide it's time for her to go on to her next life? I'm sure you know she's raised a beautiful daughter and had some handsome grandsons and greats too. She sounds like she was quite the pistol in her day. And that acorn doesn't fall far from the oak does it. How blessed you've been to have her all these years teaching, guiding, arguing, loving, hugging......learning. God sure knew you were special when he gave you to her. hH.....mmmmmm. You're both lucky to have had each other here in this life......and you'll see each other again ----of that I'm sure.

Miss you - Hugs for you and lots of love.......Starbie.

Ephchap

Mutt, sending caring thoughts and hugs your way. My mom also suffered from dementia and passed away in March. It's so hard watching them age. It seems to happen all at once. I remember so many stories you would tell about your mom in the past. She sounds like she was a real spitfire. lol. As for difficult child, I understand how difficult. My kids were very close to my mom, and my oldest took her passing pretty hard.

Here's hoping she goes peacefully and that you are able to find an agency or service that will help with costs. I know how close you and your mom have been and I know how hard it is to watch and know the end is near. Try to remember all the good times, all the memories you have shared through the years. Perhaps you and difficult child can sit with your mom and talk about all the funny times. It might bring a smile to your mom and be good for her as well.

Hugs to you.
Deb

DammitJanet

Mutt...do you have a hospice nearby or anything? Or is hospice already involved?

Im sure you remember when my dad died that my youngest had the hardest time with it. One thing the hospice offered was pastoral counseling that came to my dad's house quite often in his last few days. I talked with her and youngest talked with her for about 2 hours because he was having such a hard time with seeing his beloved Papa in that state. Talking with her really helped him.

If you dont have a hospice nearby Im sure any local pastor or church person would gladly offer him some solace and a listening ear. I think our difficult child's do feel these hard because they know that this loved one has seen them at their worst and now the hope that better times might not be seen.