My Mother...

Steely

Oh TM, I am so sad for you. Was this sudden, or had you known she was sick? Gosh, so sorry. Many cyber waves of support are being sent your way.

LittleDudesMom

TM, so sorry to hear the news. Hope she is able to find some comfort from her docs in the last days and some closure in her personal relationships.

This is a tough time of the year to be facing a loss - especially with a little one because you want to "put on a happy face". I wish you peace and strength in the days ahead.

Hugs,
Sharon

slsh

member since 1999
TM - I am so very very sorry to hear this. You and your family are in my thoughts. I can only echo Sharon's words... hope that comfort, strength, and peace are with your mom and all of you. Many gentle hugs to you.

Star*

call 911........call 911
TM,

I am here for you with two strong shoulders to cry on. Two very large and listening ears to hear your thoughts, two arms to hold you long distance when you feel that today or tomorrow will be an impossible task and a strong back to hold you up when you feel you just can't ~ whatever.

However upside down you feel? I'll be right here to hold your ankles while you do a handstand or help your right side up again. Just don't let the coming days define your grief; allow them to define the best new memories you can possibly make.

I am truly sorry for the news of cancer, but will pray for healing & peace in your hearts.

Much Love,
Star

Cass1

My thoughts are with you & your family ♥ We are all hear to help you through this tough time big hugs to you ♥ XO

tiredmommy

Thank you again for all the support, I truly appreciate it. I think this is the only place I can come where I talk freely about a difficult child parent. While I'm sorry that this happening to her and sad that we will most likely never have a healthy relationship, I am detached. I'm terribly frightened on the toll this will take on my brother and aunt and sad for Duckie that she will lose a grandparent that has never had an interest in her. But I'm okay.

Many people have told her she needed to quit smoking over the last several years. She's blamed her hacking cough on every but cigarettes. She finally went to her GP last week because she just hasn't been feeling well. He scheduled her for the biopsy & endoscopy before she left that appointment. Apparently, it is a very fast growing cancer.

I've decided that I will visit once a month. This is so that I won't get sucked into the drama that is my mom's life. I made this decision yesterday while on the phone with her. She had received a terminal diagnosis earlier in the day but nothing has apparently changed. Duckie is sad, but I don't want to expose her to too much of the mayhem. I think, too, it may be the only chance Duckie has of having some relatively normal memories of her grandmother. I just don't think mom can (or will) hold it together more often than that.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I think you are doing the right thing.
Preserve what good memories you can and try to keep them as positive as possible for Ducky.
I hope your Mom can hold it together through the end and realize this may be her chance to spend some time with her family. Quality time.

I am sorry.

R

runawaybunny

I am so sorry that your family is going through all this...

{{Big Hug}}