My neighbor's generosity has...

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by tiredmommy, Dec 16, 2008.

1. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

humbled me completely. :crying:

Her husband died suddenly last spring. D was a peach of a guy; always helping others. He was even Santa for our town's kids. His wife C was his Mrs Claus.

C is letting me borrow D's Santa suit for our church holiday party next week. I went next door to pick it up. She's doing great despite her grief, she even played Mrs Claus to another Santa at the rec center two weeks ago.

So we were talking about our favorite gift we had purchased this year and I told her that it was the snow globe I buy Duckie each year so that she will have a collection as an adult.

She teared up and smiled all at once.

She went into the next room and brought out a beautiful Santa snow globe. D collected them and she knew he would want Duckie to have it.

Words cannot express how much this means to Duckie and myself.
  2. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

I am always speechless at the generosity of spirit of most people. What a wonderful lady but she knows how wonderful you and Duckie are to her and others.
    If only that spirit could spread like wildfire.
    I love stories like this. Thank you
  3. Ropefree

Ropefree Banned

We are going through a second Christmas without a really warm and fun neighbor. I e-mailed the brother when I woke up crying on the morning to the day he was found last year. The love it is all about the love.

Special people make things special.
  4. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

How very special. Thank you for sharing this-the generosity of others is wonderful to behold.
  5. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhhh, that is so sweet!
    Connecting with other people is what it's all about.
  6. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

What a wonderful lady. Let's hope her generosity of spirit touches others the way it did you and us.
  7. Jena

Jena New Member

How amazing, that is such a great thing to share with all of us. She sounds like an amazing person with such heart and spirit.
  8. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

The kindness of others never ceases to amaze me. Aren't people just grand! I know that Duckie will carry this generous gift into adulthood. The memory of D and his wife will remain etched in her memory. I think the real gift is that Duckie has seen the goodness of others.
  9. Andy

Andy Active Member

Oh how nice of her! What a very precious gift. Those gifts from the heart outweigh any other gift by far.
  10. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Awww, that gave me a lump in my throat! (Sniff!)
  11. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Thanks for the replies ladies. I've been trying to respond since last night but keep tearing up each time I try. :beautifulthing:
  12. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

What a beautiful gesture. I'm sure Duckie loves that snow globe.
  13. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

How nice. She probably got 10X the pleasure out of giving it to you and Duckie than when her H received it. It doesn't take much to make a person happy, eh? Maybe a nice note from Duckie to her would make her year.

14. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Oh, TM, what a lady of grace & generousity That she would share something so special with your daughter.

I would hope that some day, your Duckie grows into a lady of grace like your neighbor.
  15. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

You and Duckie will always have that to remember him. I'm sure she was happy to give it to you, knowing that it meant so much and your family meant so much to them.

I have a big lump in my throat now.
  16. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

I am fighting back the tears. I remember his death last year. I recall what great people they were/are.
    You & Duckie are lucky to have such wonderful memories of him and have such a good friend in her.