My new costume

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok...today I'm supposed to demo BABY WIPES. :highvoltage:How on Earth do you demo baby wipes???

My manager suggested that he could put his fanny in one of those cut out things and put chocolate pudding on it. Ewww...:rolleyes:

So, I thought and thought...did the cross product thing. Then I went shopping for a costume. It is hysterical. I found an adult sized baby bonnet, got a big bib and hung a pacifier from a lanyard and tossed in an adult sized diaper. Boombox with kids songs playing...They are going to die laughing. (I, on the other hand, am going to die from humiliation.)

On a positive note, they have been taking pictures of me and sending them into the corporate office every day. They LOVE it. The customers love it. I have some that come in every day just to see what I'm wearing. Hope that is some job security.

Abbey

trinityroyal

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Please send pictures!
Please!!!
:bigsmile:

Abbey, it sounds like you're having so much fun with this job. If I lived nearby, I'd be stopping in every day for a costume check-up too. And since I can't walk into a store without buying something...

(I bet the stores profits are up significantly since you started)

Trinity

Abbey

Spork Queen
It is fun. Get to meet a lot of interesting people. But...(isn't there always a but), our economy is SOOOO down in Vegas. My good friend who is the CEO of MGM said it's not just bad, it's abismal.They are laying off people left and right.

I'll do anything right now to keep a job. They started this program 3 weeks ago in 53 stores. Only 12 are left as of today.

So, I'll wear my bonnet proudly and hope I'm one that keeps their job.

Abbey

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Well, if you are bringing people in to see what you wear each day, I can't imagine any company getting rid of that. That's a rarity.

Good luck and enjoy. I love doing goofy stuff like that.

Star*

call 911........call 911
NO job done to the best of your ability is ever humiliating.

Everything's better with blue bonnet on it!

(wrong product) I know.

I would have told my manager wtih the pudding suggestion he is a butt wipe.

I just pray you don't have to demo Trojans -

Getting a USC marching band costume could be tricky!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey

I imagine if corporate loves what you're doing you have nothing to worry about.

Your job sounds like so much fun. And I know that if I lived nearby I'd be in each day just to see if your costume had changed. lmao And I'd also be letting store manager know how refreshing and creative it is.

I try to be nice to all our demo ladies. They all tend to be retired, and I know trying to make ends meet. Had one over Thanksgiving give me the heads up on a wonderful (and cheap) ham. I let the store manager know how much I appreciated that she went "above and beyond".

Now, will we get to see pics?? lmao

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I tell ya Abbey, you keep this up and you will be on the evening news......can't wait for the "human interest story on the Demo Lady"........

Yep, if you are bringing in people to the store and they are taking pictures I'd say the only tough part is figuring out the next demo outfit.......

Have fun and thanks for sharing......

susiestar

Roll With It
Abbey,

Please don't feel humiliated!!! You are bringing people in to a store when the economy is really hurting. This means you are a HUGE success!!!!!!

I love the creative things you come up with to add to your product demos!!

For baby wipes, I would even suggest having something sticky all over and then using the wipes to clean off customer's hands when they touch it.

Personally, my house doesn't function with-o baby wipes - and my youngest is EIGHT!!! They are so very handy, every car has them, every bathroom, and we use them every day!!!

hugs,

Susie

judi

Hi Abbey - sounds like you are having a great time! I was in Vegas in Sept and was dismayed to see how many homeless people there were. We lived in Vegas from 90-92 and there was plenty of work. THe entire country though is caught up in this mess though.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Demo went well, although I don't think I sold one baby wipe. But I did sell a lot of other stuff I pulled off the shelf. Here's the kicker:

It was what they call 'swat day' at the store. We had Health Department (they actually show up quite frequently), TAM (Vegas thing, but very important), the 'design team' (can I get that job???), secret shoppers, and most importantly the BIIIIIGGGG corporate guys/and 1 gal:musicdance:.

I tell you, it was like watching ants racing to the mound. They walk around like the mafia. You can see the 50+ managers literally sweating.

But, corporate took more pictures....they loved it, but couldn't stop laughing. I still have the twinge of humiliation at that point. Heck...I'm 47 and dressing up as a baby. Geez.

All in all, a good day.

Abbey

klmno

So, do we get to see some photos????

Really, I wouldn't be surprised if this landed you a much better job- somehow, and it might even surprise you, but you have so much creativity and aren't afraid to jump out there with ideas and this is giving you so much exposure to very different groups of people- you could have a lot of doors open through this! Have you ever taken any marketing or advertising classes, or are you just following your heart and gut?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Judi...homeless is a HUGE issue here. Residents complain all the time, but we have a very 'unique' mayor who supports them. There are areas of town that are tent cities and he refuses to let them be torn down. I think he's smart enough to know that when you live in an environment like Vegas, you are going to bring out the worst in people, which it does. So, he provides through shelters and tent cities. Right or wrong? I find it nice to know they are being somewhat taken care of. I find them to be quite nice and appreciative...just REALLY down on their lives.

Klmno - Ultimately that is what I am hoping for. I am hoping that they can see that I can think on my feet and roll with whatever is thrown at me. You want a baby? You got it. You want Latin? Not a problem. What I am most concerned about is the product choice. I think they are starting to get the message. Give me your highest profit item with plenty in stock and I'll sell the cr@p out of it.

I'll see if I can get some photos.

Abbey

Lothlorien

I'm just cracking up at your creativity and the creativity of some of these posts (eh hem, trojans!) Yep, what will they come up next for you? Can't wait to hear.

Marguerite

It's easy to demo Trojans.

Two possibilities - you dress up like Elly Mae Clampett (generic farm girl) because you are demonstrating how to use them, on carrots & cucumbers (so no carrot or cucumber will get pregnant or catch STDs); or you hire a Trojan warrior's outfit from somewhere, or improvise one (think - Eric Bana, as Hector).

Hang on a minute - the Trojans LOST the war, didn't they?

Anyway, if the Trojan costume doesn't work out you could always apply for a job with Amazon.com...

Marg

Abbey

Spork Queen
It's easy to demo Trojans.

Two possibilities - you dress up like Elly Mae Clampett (generic farm girl) because you are demonstrating how to use them, on carrots & cucumbers (so no carrot or cucumber will get pregnant or catch STDs); or you hire a Trojan warrior's outfit from somewhere, or improvise one (think - Eric Bana, as Hector).

Hang on a minute - the Trojans LOST the war, didn't they?

Anyway, if the Trojan costume doesn't work out you could always apply for a job with Amazon.com...

Marg

I *think* I have to draw the line on Trojans. My gosh...we'd have the news media there.

Abbey