My new medication, provigil, is making a difference.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I started provigil this past Saturday ~ I have to say that I feel wonderful. I'm alert, not nearly as fatigued & am able to stay on task more often than not.

This is so different from the past 3 years when I've struggled to make it through a day without several add'l hours of sleep; my inability to pay bills, sort my mail, respond to correspondence & such.

The biggest issue is getting to sleep at night; I assume that is a dosage issue.

Hope I don't sound "high" or anything. I just haven't had this level of energy in the longest time - it's strange & wonderful at the same time.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
The provigil did cause my BFF some sleep issues at first. They lowered the dosage and her body got used to it. She says the sleep issues are well worth being able to stay awake and functional during the day.

witzend

husband says that he has never felt rested other than one night when he was in college 30 years ago. He is in for his fourth sleep study on Friday. He never sleeps long enough to have enough "incidences of apnea" for it to be considered apnea. He's had his uvula removed, and his deviated septum corrected twice. There's scar tissue now that has reduced the size of his throat opening. Even so, the small amount of time that he was snoring less, he was still always exhausted. I hope that he will talk to his regular doctor about provigil or something.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Linda, I'm so tickled it's working so well for you!! :D It may be like some medications where your body just needs to adjust itself to the change in activity, maybe. And with more ability to be active during the day, maybe that will help with the sleep issues at night.

Knowing how absolutely horrid I feel without my folic acid (prescription strength due to CRF) I know what you mean about the activity level difference. It was wonderful!

I hope it continues to help and you can do more of what you need to do and things you enjoy doing.........like painting! lol