My Own Man/Cleaning Problems

susiestar

Roll With It
It is a good start. He promised to do more tomorrow.

My kids do a LOT of chores. FAR more than husband does. They have things they must do daily or I give them more chores to do the next day. The reward for doing chores is not getting extra chores to do in my house. Plus lots of praise, of course. Things have just slid so far out of control that there is no way that the kids should have to do all the mucking out. I learned today that all the griping about laundry from husband is highly misleading. He gripes a lot but he only washes his own clothing. I think kids should do laundry - either gfgbro or I was responsible for the family laundry from the year I turned 10 and he was 12. The other one did all the dishes. I do NOT think they should have to listen to him gritch about laundry when they do all of their own laundry and I do mine. THAT is out of line, in my opinion. He did NOT like hearing that today. I took the basket of laundry he was griping about and help up each item saying "Yours" with each one. There were two bath towels in it that he said were not his. But I saw him using them both yesterday and the day before. So I called him on that. He was sheepish and apologized saying he thought it was a load of the kdis laundry and he never sees the kdis do chores. That is because his eyes are on his laptop screen, which he also admitted to.

So things are improving and he is opening his eyes to the reality that all his gritching is out of line because it is all sstuff that onlyt akes care of him. No kids were with us when I spoke with him, and he went an apologized to them right after we talked. That is a big step, in my opinion.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well all I can say is DF would have to wear a helmet if he ever scrubbed OUR bathroom floor. Goodness is that sexy or what? I believe I would hurt that man.