My paranoid head -- never jump to conclusions...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Got what sounded like an angry phone call from the district nurse at difficult child 2's school yesterday. The anger was my interpretation of her tone of voice. The woman sounded ticked, in my opinion.

Well, I just got off the phone with her, and after worrying about this ALL NIGHT (I thought it might have something to do with my complaint a few weeks ago about how the school health clerk or nurse (?) and vice principal handling difficult child 2 forgetting to take his medications... they were threatening detention... and I complained loudly to the school counselor who said she'd handle it and would talk to them) I can now breathe easier and kick myself in the butt for being such a ninny.

She was calling to give me the results of difficult child 2's hearing tests (he failed -- barely -- and we think it's due to allergies/congestion he's had for a week or so). :slap: I am SUCH a dolt.

Andy

Oh, I know exactly what you are going through. See my post in Parent E. regarding getting a neighbor girl in trouble because I jumped to conclusions over a rumor the girl started.

At work my job involves making lots of phone calls. Some people I hesitate calling because they always seem angry. It is an effort to hold my breath and share info I need to in a professional manner without getting defensive sometimes. I force myself to look at the information and not listen to the person's tone. They can be frustrated and their voice is coming across in a way they don't like to sound either. I tell myself they are frustated at the situation, not at me. A lot of times my reply will start with, "This is frustrating to both of us ......." type reply. It lets them know that yes, this is a challenging situation but we can work it out as a team.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
What is that? I do that ALL the time at work - misinterpret voice tone, language and meaning. Ugh, I hate feeling so paranoid and I have to remind myself that it's a tendency of mine and to take a deep breath before jumping to conclusions. I was recently up for my work review and I called my sister to vent my worries. She laughed and said, "Jo, you do this every year. Everything will be fine" and for the most she was right - at least I still have a job, though the future of my position is looking a bit bleak. I'm not panicking, however.

Anyway, don't worry so much about it as I think most people do this!