my pet therapy for today

Steely

OK, who started me on this kick of one positive post, for one whiney post? I forget now, but thanks.:tongue:

Anyway, today as usual, I was hating my job. Feeling like I was gonna kick a customer or employee in the arse - and an employee said - hey, did you wanna see my puppy, he is in the car. Of course, I am all over it.

So I walk outside, and these customers have this 8 week old springer spaniel in their arms all worried because they did not know where he had come from. I look over to see that the employee had left the car running, with the puppy in it (don't get me started on that:sick:).

Anyway. The puppy had managed to push the button to make the car windows go down, and jump out of the car. He was running like crazy, and, about to run into the freeway when these customers found him.

I scooped up the pup, and happily told everyone I had to puppy sit for the next 2 hours. :tongue:
Sure.......I could have told the employee to get his poop together, and take the pup home - but I didn't. Instead I toted the adorable puppy around the store, and to lunch, where he fell asleep on my lap.

What is it about 2 hours of puppy kisses, that can completely change your day???? I completely relaxed in that 2 hours, and felt more peace - endorphines or something. Wouldn't it be awesome if we all could play with puppies or kitties all day, and get paid??:peaceful:

tiredmommy

Ooh! I just wuv puppies! And kittens too! My sister-in-law's boyfriend brought his brand new 6 week old kitten to her house on Christmas. I snuggled and played with that baby for at least two hours straight, not that I was avoiding my in-laws. LOL! :biggrin:

mstang67chic

Going Green
Nothing like puppy kisses!

I was caring for a tiny kitten once....too young to be weaned and had to be bottle fed. I had all the times covered for feedings except for one day and had to take her to work with me. At the time I worked at a car dealership and we had a rental car company renting space from us. Once the manager of the car rental place saw the kitten.....I didn't see her the rest of the day! He even fed her and cleaned up after her! LOL I was hoping I would have found a home for her but in a strange twist of fate, it was the WIFE who said no! LOL

Wonder if you could institute a bring your pet to work type of thing? ;)

klmno

So- this is what it takes for you to actually LIKE that job?? JK!! I think it's great- I'm a *hoover* for them too!! I'm glad you got to spend a day like that!!