My poor baby

flutterby

Fly away!
Hydro (my white kitty that came from neglect) came in this morning with a bloody and swollen eye. It's almost swollen shut now.

He goes to the vet at 11. I can only imagine how miserable he feels right now. :(

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
When I was little we had lots of cats and they were always coming home battered and bruised and cut up. I guess we humans just didn't cater to our cats the way we do now, huh? I always wondered how the other cat looked and who won the fight.

I hope your sweet kitty is okay and the vet is able to soothe the eye. Sorry & hugs~

flutterby

Fly away!
He has a puncture wound and a gash on his eyelid. Fortunately, his eye wasn't injured. He was very lucky. I have to keep an eye on the gash and if it doesn't heal or starts to separate, it will have to be stitched.

He got a shot of antibiotics that will stay in his system for 2 weeks, numbing drops in his eye, and an ointment I have to apply daily.

Poor guy was just bleeding all over the place while the vet was cleaning his eye. My sweet baby was growling and swatting. As soon as I picked him up he started to purr. :pet:

He's 13 pounds and all muscle. I've had to chase him down in the past to get him out of a fight. This is the first time he's been injured. He's battered and bruised, but I have a feeling he won this one. Brat.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm very glad Hydro wasn't hurt worse. Piper had her entire right sinus, eye and face laid open by either another cat or a racoon. Her surgery was expensive and she still can't purr. She sounds more like a car misfiring.

Cat fights are just wicked.

Hugs to your baby!

flutterby

Fly away!
Right after we got home from the vet, I heard a neighbor calling, "Here kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty!", several times. All I could think was...Oh noooooo.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather

Willie comes home now days only when he is battle injured. Darn cat. Actually, I'm getting very worried as I haven't spotted him in many weeks. Although the last time this happened and we'd all but decided he was most likely dead..........he came home literally crawling to us in pitiful shape, gaunt, dehydrated, and battle wounded. We think he wandered too far out of the area and another cat didn't like him in his territory.

Bruce has been trying to get out of late. If he keeps it up he's gonna find himself fixed. Seems he's forgotten, with all his spoiling, the life of a stray.

Hope Hydro heals quickly.

Hugs

flutterby

Fly away!
He's not a tom - he's fixed - but I don't know about the cat he tangled with. Honestly, though, I'm pretty sure he's the one that starts it. Sigh...

It's looking better. It looks like he has a black eye, though. He's been trying to get out, but I think he realized today that it's not going to happen and gave up.

I think if he was tall enough, he would open the door himself. He's always reaching up and batting at the doorknob.

Now trying to get that ointment in his eye is another story. He's such a wiggle worm. I can't be the one to hold him because I have to put the medicine in and it takes both hands; and difficult child doesn't understand how to properly hold him. I'm pretty sure I got more on me than in his eye. Brat cat.

KTMom91

Have you tried wrapping the kitty in a towel with just his head sticking out? Then difficult child can hold him down a little easier. We had to do this with my mom's cocker spaniel and her ear drops.

flutterby

Fly away!
We did try the towel. You just really need to get a good hold of the 'scruff' and his back legs. difficult child is afraid she's going to hurt him. The vet even trimmed his nails for us, though he doesn't use them against us unless it's to attack your feet while you're sleeping. :D

His eye is just so sore. In between the ointment, I check to see if that gash is healing and he gets really upset. Normally, this big guy lets you do whatever you want to him.

He's the most laid back cat I've ever known. Except, apparently, with the neighborhood cats.