My poor little kids head.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I don't post that much about K. I don't know why. I think because I could post something everyday.
But she is doing so poorly right now.
I have an e-mail into her psychiatrist today to see about fast forwarding her medication change. We were going to wait until we got back from Mexico. But the way I see it, she is doing to poorly, how much worse could it be?

She is cycling so quickly it makes my head spin. She rarely is depressed. She just gets down a bit but then shoots back up. But lately she has been so hard on herself. Talking about how dumb she is, stupid.
She just aced her Spellathon.
I got a letter yesterday saying they want to start testing her for Talented and Gifted. My KID? Is this an Oxymoron?
The Hallucinations are just getting worse. She is getting pressured about them frantic.
We were leaving the sensory movie the other week and she was talking about how they were all over, they were flitting on the person in front of us.
She is doing weird things, Monday she covered herself in mud, it was cold for here, 50's, talked N into it as well, I am talking covered. She never does stuff like this. (It was kind of funny)

We have had to wake her up. Which we never have to do. Doesn't want to go to School. Never have that problem either.

Becoming violent again, attacking us, trying to destroy things. Wanting to die, just get rid of me etc. Shoved a butcher block across the room last night.
After her hour long rage last night, with husband having to restrain her. She was still hypo, pressured speech, racing thoughts. She just could not slow down.
Right now she is sitting by me, moving non-stop, trying to do her home work, with that anxious breathing. I just told her she didn't have to do it.

Now she is sighing and playing piano.
She goes to therapist in a bit.
She is in that uncomfortable in your skin mode.
I hate this for her. These are the times I can't punish her, she is not in her right mind.

She woke before 5 this morning and had to find a doll. She was racing, frantic.
Just need to vent. Most days I can deal with this. But times it just svcks.
Today is one of those days if my mother in law said, "We just have to be positive, we will get through this together" ;)
I might just drop kick her...:faint:

Thanks for letting vent

smallworld

Toto, I'm sorry K is suffering so right now. I guess this just shows you how much the Seroquel really was helping.

I agree with going ahead with the medication change now. Believe it or not, things could get worse if you don't.

Hugs to you and K.

TerryJ2

Oh, Totoro, I am so sorry. Poor kid! Poor you!

My son went through a stage where he was very negative about himself. I tried everything, and finally blew up one day and yelled, "The next time you say something bad about yourself, you're going straight to your room, and on top of it, you will owe me $5!!!"

It worked. It was pretty funny, actually. Probably not #1 in the parenting books. ;)

I had to repeat it for a few days, but overall, it worked. I didn't really care "why" he was thinking or saying those things. I just told him he didn't have permission and that he was going to get in trouble.

That probably won't work for your daughter. She has so many issues. And the medications make SUCH a difference!
When do you leave for Mexico? Are you taking her with you? I wouldn't want her behavior to be like that on a trip, and especially in a foreign country. Gulp.

Trust your gut.

And vent as much as you like.

B

bran155

I am so sorry for you and K. Poor thing. :(

Times like these are the worst. When you absolutely know they are not in control, not being purposely disruptive, just spinning out of control. It is so sad to watch. I wish I had some advice. I agree she needs a medication change. I hope you have some luck with the doctor.

Keeping you both in my thoughts and sending many (((HUGS))) your way!

Hang in there. It won't last forever. :)

Janna

I'm so sorry, T. I think it's probably best to speed up the medication check. Hopefully you can get some good results before Mexico.

Wish I had something to help - but we're in the same situation as you at the moment.

*hugs*

W

Wonderful Family

Funny what I read about charging kids for bad statements.

medication check may be in order; but most of all; hugs and best wishes. Been there - it's so hard when they are so little.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Totoro,
It's so hard when they are like this and you know they can't control it. I hope you hear back from the psychiatrist soon. by the way, I won't blame you if you want to drop kick you mother in law!

M

ML

Totoro,

I'm so sorry K is having such a hard time. I hope the medication change works quickly and that she can regain her balance. Hugs, ML

Steely

Oh so unbelievably hard to watch. A couple of months ago when Matt was in phosph and was cycling every 30 to 40 minutes, it was unbearable to watch. It just breaks your mommy heart to see them that sick. And the only answer anyone has is trialing medications until a doctor can find the right combo.........it is not fair.

What is amazing about K is that she still does so well in school. She is a strong little girl if she can make it through every day holding it together at school with as much chaos as is happening in her brain. Matt sometimes couldn't even make it to school, let alone stay there, without a meltdown when he is where K is mentally.

This is the first time Matthew has been on 200 mg of Lamictal, and his thinking has evened out considerably in the last 2 months. I cannot tell if it is the structure of where he is, or the medication combo - probably both - but if Lamictal is your next in line - I hope psychiatrist does it ASAP. Matthew is actually on a pretty low dose for a kid who is 6'3, and a low dose of Zyprexa, 5mg - but both - in combo of a normal dose of Lithium have helped even him out without any weight gain.

I hope psychiatrist answers you back SOON!!!!:anxious: And that you have good luck with Lamictal if that is the route you choose.

Peace & hugs:peaceful:
Steely
(PS - If K gets more hostile on Lamictal for the first day or so, I would suggest pressing forward. As you remember Matthew lost it when his dose was titrating up - but after a couple of days he was seeing the positives.)