my prayers

dreamer

are focused on a family in boston. the tragedy & horrors are so brutal I can't even repeat them. I saw a terribly sad story on fox news mobil.

klmno

No words- another situation that leaves me wondering how many opportunities to prevent things from getting to this point were ignored-

flutterby

Fly away!
I hadn't heard about this and looked it up after I saw this thread.

How absolutely horrifying. My thoughts are with the family.

tiredmommy

That poor family... my heart goes out to them and the officers that responded to the scene. I can't imagine the pain this whole community is feeling. :crying:

Andy

"No indication of violence on this level." Ugh. How many times have we heard this? The most violent people seem to be the quietest - the ones who bottle up everything and then explode. The ones whose parents have seen the anger but it is hidden from the world. The ones who even the parents may not see the anger and are just as surprised as the rest of the world.

We know what our kids are capable of. He punched his sister in the face - he was in trouble for having a gun - he pysically fought with a neighbor. It grows, the violence grows. Many parents see it and ask for help. Many times they are ignored, "Oh, it isn't bad, you can handle that." The kids are on their best behavior with authorities - they can explain away a lot and authorities fall for their, "I didn't mean it. It will not happen again." When will the authorities, the mental health system, and the courts start paying attention to this? When someone starts a pattern of problems, it can grow - that person can become uncontrolable - this can happen. Surely these people/agencies we fight to get services from have never lived through a violent few hours with an angry kid. We have got to start solving problems before the tragedy. The "We can't do anything until he/she actually hurts someone" has got to go because there may not be a chance to save someone's life if you wait that long.

Gotta wonder what services have been denied this family? They better be approved for the surviving girl. The horrors she will need to overcome to survive!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Perhaps this isn't the most appropriate time to bring this up - but then when is it. DOCUMENT - DOCUMENT, DATES, TIMES, NAMES......what you asked for, what you got denied. SAVE letters you send REGISTERED.....KEEP RECORDS FOR A LONG LONG TIME.......DOCUMENT!

Maybe there was a trail to follow here - and maybe this young man just snapped. I'm sure more will come out about his mental status later...if anyone could stomach it.

My prayers are with the family - such a horrific loss.

eekysign

It's a time for sad news, I suppose. :( My roomie's business partner just got a call yesterday---his aunt's body was found in a dumpster a few blocks from their home. Husband went to bed, she stayed downstairs watching TV. Stepson came in at something like 1:30am, she said hi, he went to bed. Next morning, all her belongings were still in the house, but she was gone....the police found her, later.

Roomie says the family is half-hoping stepson had something to do with it, just to make it sensible. Otherwise, this middle-aged woman was taken from her house with-o a break-in, with-o a struggle, with-o a sound, brutally murdered, and left for trash. Said it's almost easier to handle the betrayal of a family member than for it to be utterly random. Our whole house has been bummed---business partner's a sweet guy.