My purse is gone!

buddy

Like I can take one more thing....I am positive I left my purse in Subway coming back from difficult child's hospital pass. I am close to vomiting. i called there and no purse. I am sure they looked in and saw that his medications, my medications and my wallet (minus passcard and ID thank heaven, but did have checkbook in there) SS card, his medical ID and lots of older stuff. I am just sick. Not to mention , MY medications are in there (not narcotics or anything but I cant take anything else and it is for severe back pain)...

This has been just a sh*tty day.

oh god, it also had his future rx for his Concerta. I am just sick.

InsaneCdn

Oh, Buddy.

Panic can come later.
Call the Police - explain all the bits. I don't know how your system is, but they can "stop" a rx here, for starters.
Call the bank - about the cheque book and anything else related there.
Start finding the process for re-ordering medical and SS id, etc.... and whatever else was in the purse...

Speed comes first.
Panic comes LATER.

Hang in there. You might be surprised how this plays out.

T

TeDo

Breathe! Breathe! Breathe!!!! Do exaclty what Insane said. Also, contact pharmacy & explain what happened. There have to be ways they can get you what you need. I am so sorry your plate has just gotten fuller. I can only imagine the panic you do feel. I guess that's one more reason I have never cared for purses. If it doesn't fit in my pocket, I don't need to carry it with me but then again that's just me.

Stronger, more supportive {{{{(((HUGS)))}}}} sent your way. . . . and a shoulder to cry on if needed!!!!!!

buddy

fortunately I always carry a phone carrier on my keys and it has become my wallet of sorts...ID, pass card, and most of my cash was in there. I had put my subsidy check in the bank so that is done...ummmm....what else. Mostly the drugs..those kids will not know which are which because I put several of them in one bottle because I can't carry 6 bottles with me, but mine had ALL of the pills and I htink I put his concerta in there because the other day I wasn't sure if they would give me medications when I took him out. ANd the prescriptions! ARRGGGGG they can stop those??? I will email doctor who wrote them now... most places dont take checks but grocery stores and walgreens and a few places like that do. I hope they ask for ID I checked my bank and nothing is gone.

buddy

ok, I have a police case number. the guy said the prescriptions are probably already filled. makes me really ill. I remembered now that I took my SS card and put it in a separate place for just this reason! yipee....now on to his medical card and the checkbook. most of the rest of what was in the wallet was like discount cards, a little left on a kohls card (12 dollars or so) coins, and I wont be able to sleep because of not having my Ultram, I have been on it too long and i get really uncomfortable without it. yuck. I hate this.

buddy

I think it is Jimmy Johns not subway! ok there is still hope for tomorrow. I wonder what time they open, I called and no one is there... yikes.

H

HaoZi

Get with the bank, pull out all the money on that account, close it, and open a new account. If someone tries using the checks it should flag that.

buddy

I called jimmy johns....and.....the kids found it, put in in their safe and it will stay there till I come get it!!!!

thanks for all the support, I was already in an i can't think state.... I slept a little bit so now just to get it and take my medicine, can't sit up more than half hour without lying down if i dont have that medication. Oh gosh, i didn't want to have to call the doctor and say i lost those scripts... so grateful.

hopefully a sign of good things to come today

Malika

Hooray!! I have been there done that many a time... Maybe it's all worth it for the relief at the end of it :) Hope you don't have too much hassle trying to un-undo all the things you have undone (sounds like a line out of Macbeth)

Nancy

That is a sick feeling when you notice your purse/wallet/credit card missing. I hope you are able to recover it.

Nancy

buddy

Hooray!! I have been there done that many a time... Maybe it's all worth it for the relief at the end of it :) Hope you don't have too much hassle trying to un-undo all the things you have undone (sounds like a line out of Macbeth)

when I tried to get thru to the bank 24 hour line for lost checks, i couldn't do it...maybe Someone above made it not work? so hopefully the checks are all sitting nicely, as well as the medications and scripts...in my purse in their safe. wont know till i go there for difficult child. still dont know if he is gonna be discharged. yikes.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Someone is watching over you Buddy. So happy to hear it wasn't the subway and it's locked up tight in a safe. :)

I recall this summer picking up someone's bank card off the grass at the soccer field. Now there was a mass of people there and no intercom system in which to ask the person to come forward so I could give them the card. We are a small town, the name seemed familiar, but I wasn't looking over that entire soccer field for the owner when I usually have all I can do to find easy child and the kids. So I took it to the state troopers. (soccer field is located out of town) I don't think I'll ever forget the expression on the troopers face, utter disbelief, when I handed it over and explained where I found it.

It's nice to know there are still honest people in the world who do the right thing.

Hugs

DammitJanet

This happened to me about 8 months or so ago. I was in Walmart and was buying just a small bag of stuff and I set my purse down on the counter and picked up the bag and put it over my arm. They both weighed about the same. Now this is something that I never have done before in my life since I have started carrying a purse. I am normally very good about things like that, however on that day I think my mind was just way overtired and I was gone. I think I had been to my psychiatrist that day, then had to come back and pick something up at Walmart, then needed to go pick up Tony at the store when he got off work. I realized my purse was missing when I was picking Tony up at the store where he gets dropped off at the end of his work day.

Oh Lordy I was upset! Now I really didnt have a whole lot in my purse that couldnt be replaced. A few pictures I would hate to lose and I had about $10 in cash and my Medicare card was there which has my social on it which would be problem but the only other thing would be my debit card. I immediately called Walmart and the cashier had grabbed my purse and tried to catch me but she lost me in the parking lot. She kept it beside her at her register so no one could bother the purse. Bless her heart.

Tony gave me grief forever. Im not right in the head you know. Never mind he left his wallet in an unlocked car onetime and went deep sea fishing and someone stole it and his wallet had his entire paycheck in it!

donna723

I did that one time when I was making the bank deposit from work. Someone's bank card was laying right there on the sidewalk by the bank entrance! I didn't see anyone around or in the parking lot so whoever lost it was already gone. I gave it to the teller when I made my deposit but I'll bet whoever lost it was a nervous wreck when they noticed that it was missing! And why are we always surprised when someone does the right thing instead of taking something that doesn't belong to them? That's kind of sad!

buddy

yes there are good folks out there, and these were teens and young adults....so nice to think of that. several years ago when I had to change my addy for my ID, I lost it right away. couldn't think for the life of me where it was. weeks went by and I hadn't renewed it and so was about to and here comes this card in the mail...inside it is my ID. NO name, no return addy ...nothing. I dont know who had it but nice that they sent it to me!

I do lose things, but not often. Usually when under stress. Mostly in the past it has been keys. These days it is scarier than years ago when I had my purse stolen right off of me. I had to figure out the check I left off on etc. but no easy access to banks like there is now. No computer stuff for credit cards to be used on either. I dont have any cards now, I stopped using them years ago. Too expensive. So fortunately that was not even a consideraton this time.

I really hope when I get there everything is inside. I suspect it will be fine because if they have it, I doubt they would have taken anything...too obvious. No one else was in the store that night when we were there anyway. Dr still hasn't called...was supposed to call in the morning... yikes.