my sense of humor

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by Wiped Out, May 14, 2007.

1. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

has definitely been affected by having a difficult child. This weekend when we were driving to Michigan a car cut off right in front of us-I know I shouldn't have but yelled out what the He double toothpicks? difficult child yelled at me not to curse (this from the boy who does it all the time) then he got a very angry tone and yelled that I didn't even know how to do it right-I wasn't supposed to say what the H? I was supposed to yell what the F?

husband and I told him calmly that neither one was appropriate but after he was asleep we just cracked up laughing-here is my almost 10 year old telling me how to swear-it so sad but we had to laugh. Yep my sense of humor is definitely warped!
  2. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

Well, gee....get it right, will ya? :wink: :rofl:
  3. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

THAT is funny.

Since my difficult child will repeat everything I say...and then tell anyone who asks "I heard that from my mom!", I really R E A L L Y have tried to curb my cursing in front of her. My most famous saying now is "oh, are you KIDDING me?" which usually gets a giggle from difficult child, and then I end up letting the annoyance roll off my back.

A sense of humor is an absolute necessity to get through life. May it be as warped as you like.
  4. Alisonlg

Alisonlg New Member

5. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Sharon, I've met you - you can be a whole lot more warped than that! :rofl: Don't let me down, girl. :smile:

I'm glad that difficult child cleared up the proper phraseology for you. I'd have been concerned that you wouldn't know how to express your feelings. :rofl:
  6. Sunlight

Sunlight Active Member

I think we should go back to the classics:
    gosh durn it
    wellll doggies

make them look at you and really roll your eyes!
  7. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(Wellll doggies)
  8. SearchingForRainbows

SearchingForRainbows Active Member

Thanks for the laugh :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:!!! By the way, HE "double toothpicks" is a new one for me. I learn so much here!!! :rofl: WFEN
  9. Hanging-On

Hanging-On New Member

10. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Well, I've been known to use both WT's referred to above, but as a general rule, only when I am drinking anymore so not when I am driving!

I like "Holy Cats!" husband uses "Rats" or even "Rabbits". "Rabbits"? Oh, well...