My shoulder hurts!

klmno

It is not at all uncommon in women of a "certain age".

well Mr. Officer and Ms. psychiatrist, it's like this..... I got out of bed this morning to take the dogs out to potty, :hairy:

got a cup of fresh-brewed coffee, :coffee2:

came to the computer and the first thing I'm reminded of is that I am at a "certain age".....
:throwpc:

What's that? You want to take me for a ride in the car now??:9-07tears:

Last edited:

klmno

Ok, I'm on my second cup of coffee now. LOL! (It;'s ok GN, you aren't the first to mention that!)

With my phobia re. dental work, it's as much about seeing that humongeous stainless steel hypodermic needle coming toward my face as anything. This was much better when I had a dentist who knew to hide it from me but his new partner didn't know that and it has set me back years- after I pushed his arm out of the way and ran out of the office like a frightened 5 yo. LOL!

They plan to give me a lot of sedatives to make me sleep but can't put me out like prepping for surgery because that would legally require an anesthesiolagist (sp). Still, I have to pay more for that much.

I am going to try the suggestions about my arm- what you ladies are saying makes sense and is certainly worth a try.

flutterby

Fly away!
GN - this was only a couple months ago that they couldn't get me numb because it was infected. And they tried. And tried.

I'm hard to get numb anyway.

K - I can't look at the tools either. So, I just don't. It's funny cause my mom works in my dental office as an EFDA (Expanded Functions Dental Assistant) and I'm such a wimp. :tongue:

DammitJanet

Oh they have this wonderful new numbing stuff that hurts like the dickens to start with but once it numbs, it numbs!

Im extremely hard to numb. We do the rub on gel, then the needles, then this weird clamped thingy that goes directly into the tooth and root itself. Then if I still feel anything at all...we do more needles. Oh I am such a joy to numb!