My sister is on her way to my house RIGHT NOW

donna723

OMG, how exciting! And like Shelly said, just relax and breathe! And isn't it wonderful that something great may come out of the horrible ordeal you've been through!

Mattsmom277

Deep breathing and trying to relax. I have time to prepare mentally and relax before I shower and whatnot because I'm girly in that way, wanting a good first impression etc. She just left me a message from her cell phone to my FB saying she and her spouse are on the way and she'll call when she gets close for directions. The part that is warming is that she was this anxious to meet and that makes me feel good. I know it will go just fine.

T

TeDo

That is a very good sign. I hope you hit it off well. Something good CAN come out of something terrible. Keep breathing and yes, please do let us know how it went.

Mattsmom277

Should be here in an hour and a half. Her husband is doing the driving, she said she was nervous so asked him to join her so he could do the driving. She had booked a room and then I offered them easy child's room since she isn't home. She was happy to do so except it turns out she has allergies to cats so she is changing the room they reserved to the one that is a block away from my house now that she knows where I live. She just sent another message that just said I CAN'T WAIT TO HUG YOU AND SQUEEZE YOU AND JUST LOOK AT YOU AND DRINK YOU IN, which she followed with a ton of exclamation marks. I didn't want to scare her off so hadn't been expressing the same except feeling, so its all good :)

H

HaoZi

Can't wait to hear how this goes, guess you're meeting her elsewhere because of the cats?

DDD

My gosh, that's a huge surprise. I hope it is an awesome meeting for both of you and will look forward to reading the details. What's that old expression "when one door closes another opens" (or something like that, lol). It sure sounds like the case here. Hugs DDD

TerryJ2

This is the "new" sister, right?
That's really neat.
Scary and exciting. You will do just fine. Bravo! And have a great time.

Mattsmom277

I posted on facebook about how from the worst life can throw at you sometimes can come a miracle. I think she just hugged me goodbye :). She's delightful. Her husband is a great guy and very much like my S/O, the guys were talking up a storm and have much in common. We met here, I put the cats in the spare room and S/O vacuumed as best he could for any stray cat hair. She said it wasn't bad on her allergies at all (whew!) and she will bring allergy medications in future visits so she doesn't go to a hotel.

They've just left for their hotel and we've set a 8a.m. meet time. Her and her husband will pick me and S/O up and we are all going out for breakfast then we will plan the day since she's planning to spend the day in town with us and perhaps even stay another night so she can meet easy child when she is back from her dads Sunday.

We talked openly about our pasts, how she learned the truth of her birth etc. Sadly she didn't have a mother who treated her right and they are estranged. My uncle, who was told to her was her father, always did things with her 2 sisters and did not take her (he had remarried and had more kids but did stay involved with her 2 sisters, just not her). Her mother and my uncle still deny things, although many years ago she heard her mother discussing the situation and how she was raped and that B (my sister) was not her husbands. Trust me too, we're so similar it's insane. Her 2 other sisters since have pressured their mother and my uncle and the truth was never admitted but even the 2 sisters know reading between the lines that the story is true. I broke down and asked my mother, who I don't speak to, about her recollections about B and her mother and my uncle. The story blew my mind that my mother withheld it from me all of these years. So we ARE sisters but since nobody wants to come out and say so, we decided tonight we will go this summer for DNA testing and set this straight once and for all, yet oddly there's no doubt for either of us, her 2 sisters have no doubt, the aunts on my fathers side have no doubt.

Our visit was wonderful. We got the uncomfortable talk of family things and regarding our father out of the way very quickly and just yakked our faces off about ourselves, our kids. I have a niece and a nephew and my niece has a 2 year old boy so I'm a great aunt! We found all kinds of medical things identical, she was diagnosis'ed with lupus and fibro etc but now they suspect it is MS and it sure sounds to us like it is MS. How strange! You could take my nose and switch with hers, nobody would know. Her eyes dance like mine do when she's joking or being silly. We have the same walk and the same strange crooked toe on the same foot. She laughs JUST like me which was a bit eery. She has the same openness and desire for close family, same values and wishes for her family as I do. Did I really never know her before tonight? It seems hardly possible.

She nearly crushed my back hugging me goodbye and we shared a bit of a happy cry. She told me I love you and I'm so happy you were open to this, we have an entire life to build with our children and her grandbaby and well, that set me crying. The guys stood watching us laughing, saying they are SUCH sisters, which cracked us up and stopped the crying jag. I sent her to her hotel with some herbal tea for before bed and my special pillow I use when I'm sore. Turns out its the SAME pillow and same color, that she needs when she's in pain and she was in obvious pain by the time she left. It was quite funny to see her face when I came to the room with the pillow and it was the same as hers.

So, it's a wonderful report and out of horror comes something healing and beautiful and a true gift. No tensions, just a instant bond and kinship. I have to make sure to get a good sleep so I'm bright eyed in the morning so that I can truly enjoy our day together.

She is returning in a few weeks with her husband to spend the long weekend with us to take in our local festival, the concerts, and to spend a few days getting to know easy child who is excited as heck to meet her new aunt.

Its been a insane roller coaster of a week, but I never expected to have such joy at this stage of it. Miracles come from the strangest places.

H

HaoZi

On the DNA, since the fathers are brothers it may or may not be definitive. Glad to hear the visit is going along so well!

T

TeDo

I am so happy for you. It sounds absolutely delightful. Now that the unpleasantries are out of the way,may you begin a new life with a CLOSE family tie. Does she have any difficult child's??? Just had to ask. LOL

Mattsmom277

Haha! She does. Her daughter is 18 and the mother of her grandbaby who is 2. My sister is raising D (the baby) but her daughter is very involved, just lives across their small town. My niece is bipolar and struggling to adjust but sounds to have come very far and is somewhat stable right now and for the first time actively participating with her treatment.

T

TeDo

That is just wayyyy tooooo spooooky. You should have LOTS to talk about for years! Comparing notes should be interesting.

Mattsmom277

I imagine I best invest in a good long distance calling plan! She's having surgery in the next couple of months here in town, so I'll have my first chance to be "the good sister" and visit her and spoil her while she's admitted. I've always been the baby of the family, then along came my little sister. Now I have a older sister too. It's all so much!

T

TeDo

Cool! A middle child! Now that's a whole 'nother ball game. LOL!! Enjoy the role you've discovered! I am soooo happy for you!

susiestar

Roll With It
This is just SO WONDERFUL!!! I had a really good feeling about her from what you posted back when you first mentioned that she existed. Glad to know it was right. I am just thrilled for the BOTH of you. I feel so badly for her, growing up with no one telling her to her face WHY her parents didn't treat her right, but knowing soemthing was wrong because they were horrid to her. Even if nothing happened but what you said in your post, they were horrid to her. Kids NEED to feel loved and she could not have.

She grew up well anyway and made a loving family of her own - and now your loving families can join into one bigger loving family. This is AWESOME!! I know there sometimes is just a bond between people. My mother has a friend from childhood who has 2 daus, one my age and one a year younger. The younger one and i bonded and every time we have met or seen pics of each other the other one is EXACTLY as we pictured, from the very first visit. It is a cool but odd feeling. It can only be SO MUCH MORE between you and your sister.

I am just thrilled for you.

DDD

Even as much as I talk (or type, lol) I can't find words to explain how deeply happy I am for you! DDD